MDrummer Puzzler....

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys. I'm having a problem creating a beat because I can't figure out how to do what I want to do. I need the kick drum to actually play before the '1'. Think of it as one-and-two-and-three-and-four-and-one. I need the kick to hit on the 'and' before the 'one'. I can do it by extending the beat, but when I generate the beats, there's no kick at the beginning, or there's nothing but hats or rides until the second half of the beat. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

I'm lost - why don't you just put the kick to 4th and 1/2 ?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm lost too.....what do you mean? Not every beat is exactly on the 2 or 4...I want the very first kick drum of the song to land on the 'and' just before 'one'. Like I described above.

In that case you have to do it manually. What I meant was to make the beat "virtually moved". You said you want the kick at the "4 and half"th quarter. So put it there, no big deal, but then you will have a problem with intros, breaks etc. So you'll have to put the kick to all of them. This is how the 4th-based latin rhythms are done. But there are thousands loops (breaks, intros...) for 4th-based rhythms (latin stuff) and 1st-based rhythms (more are less all western rhythms), but no loops for other places, so you have to do it manually.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Perhaps I'm not understanding, but can't you just write an intro with a kick on 'four-and'?

Sure I can, but that's the rhythm for the whole song. So all my fills will have to be edited accordingly. It's no biggie. I'll get it.

Return to “MeldaProduction”