Sonar X3 iPad remote / shortcuts

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First preview iPad remote / keyboard shortcuts for Sonar X3. Don't think about. I mixed english 'n german in the test version. Will separate it later.
What do you think? Suggestions? 

Looking good! Will there also be a fader section?
Also will it support opening 3rd party VST's through the plugin menu and maybe some program change controls for Sonar's native synths like Dimension Pro?
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

At the moment its just a shortcut remote using a vnc client. It was just planed as a little helper to enhance my workflow 'n save time for a movie production im working on at the moment. But there is such a big feedback, maybe i'll concept it as full Sonar remote. I'm little bit in time stress, cause the filming 'n cutting of the movie takes more time than planed and the premiere is in october. So we will see... First i have to finish the Vst's for the movie sound.

Imho DAW Remote iPad controlers are still full in development. Even with Lemur/Livcontrol or Touchable for Live I miss a nice clean GUI.
Daw Remote HD as a Mackie Control is the nicest so far as in GUI's.

I think every DAW should have it's dedicated GUI (like yours!) and I think that's the future in DAW/app development. Since you're already so far with this project I'd strongly suggest you put in on the market asap!

Ofcourse when you have the time... ;)
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

^Agreed
An app like this could even help sell X3 to those who are otherwise turned off by the workflow.

Nice! I can't wait to have this on one iPad and V-Control Pro on the other. Really looking forward to seeing what you do with views like the Step Sequencer and Matrix. Let me know if you need a beta tester. ;)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

...any news regarding this "wow" remote controller?
Looks pretty cool. Hope this will be released soon.
Cheers

Fantastic idea I'd be happy to help test. Sonar is my go to DAW so anything to make smoother to work with has my full support.

I'd love an update on this as well. Looks like it's caught wind on Cakewalks forum and /r/Cakewalk linking to this post. Any chance on a port to other tablets that aren't iPads? :)

This is fantastic news!

One feature I desperately need is the ability to adjust each tracks multiple (4) sends remotely.

When our band practices and/or records, I use the sends for individual headphone feeds.

It would be a Godsend to be able to adjust those sends from behind the kit!

It sometimes takes over an hour to get everyone happy with their personal mix, and an iPad UI would cut out a lot of walking back and forth.

Where do I sign up for email updates??!!

Thank you,
MG

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”