Ableton Live and synth arp problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I record a sound with an arp from my Waldorf Pulse 2 (start recording, hold down a note for 4 bars) on playback the first run though the 4 bars doesn't trigger the arp but if I've looped the region on the second and subsequent plays the arp triggers fine. Maybe it's related to the MIDI/sync settings in that section but to be honest I'm a bit lost as to how to set it up, so any settings that work for you, please share.

I'm connecting the Pulse via USB and my main controller is a Nord, connected via MIDI from my MOTU Ultralite. Works perfectly doing the same thing in Logic.

What am I/is Live doing wrong? Any ideas? (latest Live 9, OS X)

Thanks.

Any ideas?

Another user PMed me reporting the same . Anyone got Ableton playing nicely with a hardware synth arp?

I have similar problems with software vsti.

At the moment RP-RG is not playing for the first bar or so.

However, when I freeze the track, it does complete the task correctly.

I'm sure there are other threads at kvr relating to live, arps and Rob papen products. I don't think it's only confined to one particular brand though. Perhaps the problem you're experiencing is a fundamental issue with Live that may be resolved with a setting I'm not currently familiar with.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

^ Hmmm, that's not good either. I've written to Abes support so let's see if they can tell me what I'm supposed to be doing.

Working fine here triggering and recording arps with both a Waldorf MicroQ and an E-mu MP7. Connections are MIDI and the interface is a MOTU Midiexpress XT. I use the External Instrument plugin, with the hardware latency compensated. One thing I don't like is that Live does not output clock unless the transport is running, so things take some milliseconds to sync if you press play right at the beginning of a loop, resulting in a hiccup at the start of the first pass.

I have that problem in Cubase occasionally and it seems to be caused by the MIDI note being too long so that the arpeggiator does not trigger on the DAW's loop start.

Try shortening the MIDI note for the arpeggiator just a few ticks, nothing major.

Thanks for the input.

The thing that does work is for me to slide the start of the note slightly away from 1.1.1 which allows it to trigger but I don't really like doing this as it works 100% in Logic.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”