Free U2 album at iTunes

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah the account shoving is kind of WTF ???? But you don't have to download it , so whatever ?? ? There musy be some agenda or marketing thing ??? Concert tickets ? The old ipod classic had a U2 version that had U2 whole catalog on it one time too ....I like the way Radiohead did pay what you want few years back . I also think Nine Inch Nails released a freebie one time as well and also had stems released for remix ... Id like to see more stems being sold or given away for free .

Numanoid wrote:But you don't have to listen to it in iTunes?

I mean, I can log onto my old iTunes account, download the album, and then put it on my android phone right?
Correct. That's what I did.

fedexnman wrote:Yeah the account shoving is kind of WTF ???? But you don't have to download it , so whatever ?? ? There musy be some agenda or marketing thing ??? Concert tickets ? The old ipod classic had a U2 version that had U2 whole catalog on it one time too ....I like the way Radiohead did pay what you want few years back . I also think Nine Inch Nails released a freebie one time as well and also had stems released for remix ... Id like to see more stems being sold or given away for free .
Wonderful album. Each song has a different logo too. http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Also this: http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options

arkmabat wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Yeah the account shoving is kind of WTF ???? But you don't have to download it , so whatever ?? ? There musy be some agenda or marketing thing ??? Concert tickets ? The old ipod classic had a U2 version that had U2 whole catalog on it one time too ....I like the way Radiohead did pay what you want few years back . I also think Nine Inch Nails released a freebie one time as well and also had stems released for remix ... Id like to see more stems being sold or given away for free .
Wonderful album. Each song has a different logo too. http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Also this: http://ghosts.nin.com/main/order_options
If I was to do a release to the public , which one day I wish to , I think I'd release vocal stems for cc licensing for remixes , maybe for free or for people to make money off with the proper credits . I like nin way of doing this .. I love remixes ... Susan Vegas " toms diner " Sam Smith " latch " ... I love it . What's music if its not shared or collaborate d with ?

OCRemix has some great collaborations. Some with the original composers. Really neat site.

arkmabat wrote:OCRemix has some great collaborations. Some with the original composers. Really neat site.
Cool site , I guess they got video game remix Roms too ? Haha .... :phones:

fedexnman wrote:
arkmabat wrote:OCRemix has some great collaborations. Some with the original composers. Really neat site.
Cool site , I guess they got video game remix Roms too ? Haha .... :phones:
It's all original works based on old videogame music. The fact that they've never been sued and have been contracted to write for real video games speaks miles.

Is the album any good/what's it comparable to? I can install Itunes in Sandboxie without worry,

I liked and own War and October, while the more popular stuff had good guitar parts, I'm halfway here and halfway there.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Is the album any good/what's it comparable to? I can install Itunes in Sandboxie without worry,

I liked and own War and October, while the more popular stuff had good guitar parts, I'm halfway here and halfway there.
The Slip by NIN is The best free one imho

Right so how do I get rid of it when "Show All Music" is selected?

f**king Bono, the relentlessly spamming piece of sh!t. Think I'll be watching that South Park episode tonight.

I don't want U2 appearing in my iDevice anywhere. I'd be less offended if I had Songs Of Praise in there....
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

arkmabat wrote:only catch is you have to have iTunes ... :scared:
You need U2nes :hihi:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Mushy Mushy wrote:Right so how do I get rid of it when "Show All Music" is selected?
Is the regular iTunes user like Rain Man in the sense that they start crawling the walls if there is something not quite correct in their profile :help:

Does the regular iTunes user have so few albums in their library that one extra albums make a big difference? On my android phone I have about 30GB of music, something like 250+ albums, one extra album hardly makes a difference.

If you don't like the gift ........ Well , ... Its always the thought that counts IMHO..... I do prefer Google Play / Android and Amazon over iTunes and Apple though ... Google Play has free albums and songs weekly ... It is kind of funny U2 has creeped there way on to everyones idevices ..

Numanoid wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Right so how do I get rid of it when "Show All Music" is selected?
Is the regular iTunes user like Rain Man in the sense that they start crawling the walls if there is something not quite correct in their profile :help:

Does the regular iTunes user have so few albums in their library that one extra albums make a big difference? On my android phone I have about 30GB of music, something like 250+ albums, one extra album hardly makes a difference.
Imagine a Christian having a Cannibal Corpse album in there amongst their million-and-one God worship albums. That's going to cause some offence isnt it.

I f*****g despise Bono, and now he's in my iTunes collection somewhere no matter what I do.

Why on earth did iTunes just give everyone a code "FreeU2" that they enter at the check-out. Then those who want it, get it. Those who don't, don't.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Why worry about spam? Just hit delete if you don't like it ...

*cough*
... space is the place ...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”