omnisphere multiple outs?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i want to assign all 8 outputs to different tracks and add vst fx to each individual output.

You don't assign outputs to tracks to add effects. Tracks are what you use for sequencing.

Effects live either loose in the Session MuX or in Rack slots or inside MuX modules in a Rack slot. The easiest thing you can do is probably stick a MuX in a Rack slot and stick omnisphere in the MuX. You'll see all its outputs and can then drop in more effects and wire up as you see fit.

pljones wrote:You don't assign outputs to tracks to add effects. Tracks are what you use for sequencing.

Effects live either loose in the Session MuX or in Rack slots or inside MuX modules in a Rack slot. The easiest thing you can do is probably stick a MuX in a Rack slot and stick omnisphere in the MuX. You'll see all its outputs and can then drop in more effects and wire up as you see fit.

how to assign outputs to tracks?

You don't assign outputs to tracks. Tracks are what you use for sequencing.

For how to use multiple VST outputs, see this doc page: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html

mutools wrote:For how to use multiple VST outputs, see this doc page: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html

i know to add fx to each output, but im sure how to add a track for each out. (i realize that once the tracks are added, i need to add fx in the modular area or mux)

You do not add tracks for outputs.

pljones is right: Tracks are connected to plugins, not to outputs of plugins i.e. the sequence events of a track are sent to the plugin. If you really want to use separate tracks for each plugin output, you'll have to setup your plugin in such a way that you can 'select' the output by MIDI channel or key range, eg channel 1 = out 1, chan 2 = out 2, etc... Then you can set the MIDI channel for each track to the MIDI channel for the output. So then you can select the out by putting the sequence part on the relevant track. Note that this has nothing to do with mixing cause wrt mixing you already have full control over the individual outs, cfr the doc page mentioned above.

pljones wrote:You do not add tracks for outputs.

so do i add a new vsti for each track because that's a lot of unnecessary cpu. im just not getting this. every other daw i used allows me to send separate outs so i don't need to add a new omnisphere to each element.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

its not clicking yet :oops:

You have one track where you have sequencing instructions.

That track targets a rack containing an instance of MuX.

That MuX contains omnisphere.

You can add effects inside MuX, too, connected to omnisphere's outputs.

Each output then either goes to the MuX stereo output (i.e. mixed down inside MuX) or you can add extra RACKS (not tracks; tracks are not outputs) and send the outputs to them for further processing and eventual routing to the Master Rack and final outs.

Here is a little youtube tutorial that explains how to use the multiple outs of a plugin that is inserted in a rack. This way you can make a complete submix using the individual outputs and have full modular power at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAqp17fPF1g

Hm... One thing I notice now I actually try it is that I can't send from inside a MuX to outside the MuX.

1. Complete the steps in the video above
2. Add a new rack in the rack desk
3. Add a send module to the MuX - it's a send to nowhere and has nowhere to send to -- you can only wire up audio output 2 to modules inside the MuX

I'm assuming this is intentional.

Instead, if you want to use racks, you have to add them inside the MuX itself.

Apologies to AstralExistence for any confusion caused.

You can send signals (audio/events/modulation) from inside a MUX to outside that MUX by adding an extra audio/event/modulation output in that MUX which will result in an extra output jack for that MUX.

But it's currently not yet possible to connect extra in/out jacks within a rack itself because a rack is a predefined module. If you want to have the modular flexibility of a MUX, then use a MUX. Bringing the advantages of prewired racks and modular MUXes more together is one of the future challenges. But you can already do almost everything with M6.

Tuned that tutorial a bit more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAqp17fPF1g

Return to “MUTOOLS”