New NI Synths are out - Rounds/Polyplex/Kontour

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unless I'm behind the times, it looks like the three new NI Komplete synths are available now:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/

But, wait.....

"Currently not in stock!"

"This download product is not available individually for pre-order. Available on October 1, 2014."

:?

I was only aware of it as an advert popped up on YouTube for one of them. There are some audio demos on the individual product pages. Also, the new pianos are on that page too, if anyone's interested.

Rounds audio demos up as of today. Like the other two, I'm still not getting much good intel from demo music they've done.

Good to actually hear rounds at last....sparked my interest.

I wonder if Rounds got the same virtual analog treatment as Monark.
:borg:

I thought the Rounds demos weren't bad at all. Kontour looks cool but to be honest I didn't find Spark to be all that inspiring or great sounding, which was also by Stephan Schmitt. I like his designs but I just hope it sounds better than Spark.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I thought the Rounds demos weren't bad at all. Kontour looks cool but to be honest I didn't find Spark to be all that inspiring or great sounding, which was also by Stephan Schmitt. I like his designs but I just hope it sounds better than Spark.
yeah, Spark strikes me as having a limited palette of useful sounds that are kind of interesting, and it's just not much otherwise.

Rounds has some potential I think, and Kontour sounds more interesting to me than Spark.

Overall I was kind of borderline about upgrading to Komplete 10, but went ahead and preordered.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Overall I was kind of borderline about upgrading to Komplete 10, but went ahead and preordered.
[/quote]

Looking forward to your feedback once you get it going!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I thought the Rounds demos weren't bad at all.
...but also not good enough to convince me...

I was eager to hear, what Rounds might be about (mean - what's special about it),
as the concept seemed promising...

...but IMHO this Komplete PR is just a bunch of crap !
Big fail in regards to Promotion...

I don't need some fancy trailers with flashing lights - give me some Vids, which actually give some serious details about the new content.

Don't give me some demo tracks with sounds I heard a hundred times - focus on sounds, which are special
to the synths...

Give us some funking documentation (Manuals !), what this stuff is about...

Or just shut up...

Cheers

losan wrote: Don't give me some demo tracks with sounds I heard a hundred times - focus on sounds, which are special
to the synths...
Yeah. I was hoping that the Rounds demos would show off what's unique about this "groundbreaking" synth with its advanced sequencing techniques and analog + digital engines, but it sounds in the demos just like any other synth... ZzZzz...

foosnark wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I thought the Rounds demos weren't bad at all. Kontour looks cool but to be honest I didn't find Spark to be all that inspiring or great sounding, which was also by Stephan Schmitt. I like his designs but I just hope it sounds better than Spark.
yeah, Spark strikes me as having a limited palette of useful sounds that are kind of interesting, and it's just not much otherwise.
I don't think it's limited at all - Spark is one of my favourite ensembles - very expressive. Looking forwards to getting Kontour too.

Personally, I don't think K10 is relevant enough to justify an upgrade unless you plan to get the new keyboard controllers I suppose. What are you really getting that's worth digging in your pocket? Surely, a few sound libraries and some Reaktor synths can't really be considered a serious upgrade? There's no new version of Guitar Rig, no new Kontakt-6 with much needed ability to organize & group your samples, and a drastically improved GUI for greater workflow & other improvements.

I would like to see a new simpler sampler included for less advanced sampler needs, similar to what's in Maschine, but with more features and the ability to actually sample compared to Kontakt. Would also be nice if it can export slices as single .wav files. It should also have the ability to play audio files that Kontakt can't! They also could've tossed in 1 of the RC Reverbs for good measure as a bonus.

Some of the stuff looks ok (after seeing what it would cost individually) but I'm still not sold on the komplete update. Really interested in polyplex though.

pc2000 wrote:no new Kontakt-6 with much needed ability to organize & group your samples
There's the database for banks, multis, instruments, groups and samples, there's the Quick-Load for multis and instruments...

Return to “Instruments”