Wot Synth Can Makes Phat Antarctic Seal Soundz?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hm I think there already is a sea lion sample pack out there made by pink tree audio. Not the exact same species, but it might be of help for you.

CableChannel wrote:Hm I think there already is a sea lion sample pack out there made by pink tree audio. Not the exact same species, but it might be of help for you.
Huh, I'm curious (honestly); will check it out. Thx

Wow. In never knew seals had such awesome sound design in them!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

fluffy_little_something wrote:

Anyway, if anyone has a dedicated seal synth, it is xoxos :D
Yep, just look for Fauna by him
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

http://hissandaroar.com/sd003-seal-vocals/

Also check out his teaser video for his Vegetable Violence samples.

Buchla's synth can make any sound, so Aalto would be the obvious choice to do this.

BBFG# wrote:The shorter list would be which synths cannot do this.
i strongly disagree. not only it´s mandatory for the oscs to be able to work at least with a possible span of 20hz and 22,5khz aliasing/artefact free, but the envs and lfos must be sampleaccurately updated, always be able to cover the whoöe span of the oscs (better even wider) and very well laid out, plus fm/am/rm must be extremly accurate over the whole span of the frequency of the oscs (am/rm better even wider), to do such sounds _convincingly_. there´s not a lot of software synths that are capable of that, as that requires a massive amount of processing power, even if the synth is only monophonic.
and it´s indded the realm of an ems, be it synthi a, aks or vcs 3… or any modular like moog or roland system 100, to stay flexible with such sounds…

btw, i _love_ these sounds from the video. i did such sounds to hundreds in various soundsets i did for a variety of synths, but they never fully convinced me like these sounds from the video do. mostly i hd to use the resonance of the filter at selfoscillation, as the oscs weren´t capable of this range, which of course did narrow down the possibility of sound to just how the resonance sounds on that synth. i was sometimes close, but not there… i was able to do such sounds with a real vcs3… i will have to check out the clones that are out there, maybe one of them is providing the specs necessary...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

It's probably impossible to tell the exact source of it. I've listened to several Antartic recordings, some of the ice plates shifting and grinding against each other, but never a seal sound like that.

I doubt it will ever be known for certain unless somebody who created it told us.

0:45 "It sounds like Pink Floyd or something", so checkout which synths Pink Floyd have been using.

Vintage Siel Synth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aloysius wrote:Image
Hahahahahaha, I laugh for about two minutes!

Don't be seally

If you got a seal, you could get it to make those sounds and then have sex with it in the bathtub. Then you could kill it and make kiviak:

"Kiviak or kiviaq is a traditional wintertime Inuit food from Greenland that is made of auks preserved in the hollowed-out body of a seal. Around 500 auks are put into the seal skin intact, including beaks, feet and feathers, before as much air as possible is removed from the seal skin, which is then sewn up and sealed with grease, with a large rock placed on top to keep the air content low. Over the course of seven months, the birds ferment, and are then eaten during the Greenlandic winter, particularly on birthdays and weddings."

But then you'd need auks. Maybe you could sample them, too.

EngineersMate wrote:It's probably impossible to tell the exact source of it. I've listened to several Antartic recordings, some of the ice plates shifting and grinding against each other, but never a seal sound like that.

I doubt it will ever be known for certain unless somebody who created it told us.
Ask yourself what part of a Seal's physiology would allow it to make those sounds ? Whales possibly but........... :?

Or am I just missing the joke ? :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes, just get a real seal, they're not as difficult to keep as you might think. They may eat a lot of fish, but they also catch a lot of fish too, so costs kind of balance out longterm.

Return to “Instruments”