FL Rewired into Studio One (Problem)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got rewire working well with FL as slave to S1, but when I click Play in S1, FL stutters at the beginning and then runs smoothly after that. Also, when I click Stop in S1, FL doesn't return to the beginning until Play is clicked again in S1. Then the stutter start happens again.
I also tried using the FL multi-out in S1, but I got the same results.
Otherwise, it's working well.
Any tips on resolving problem are appreciated.

I have the problem that the first event dont have any sound. Doesnt matter if starting from 1 or move the bar. Those Rewire bugs are very annoying.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Use FL Studio as a VST plugin instead.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Thanks for replies.

I tried the vsti multi-out and that may be working ok. Need to check when I get back to the project.

I'm really happy how easy rewire is in S1 as I have tons of old FL projects that I can now work on directly in S1.
Added bonus is I can control my old 32 bit plugins loaded in an FL project right from S1 64 bit host.

With Reaper rewired, now I have all the midi guitar functionality working great which FL never could get right for me. The old channel 1 issue. Was that ever fixed in FL?

Edit: Back after working with vsti multi-out. FL still jumps almost a full bar at the beginning before it plays.
Everything else so far seems ok except for the stutter/jump at the beginning.
There are only 8 bars. When S1 is playing bar 8, FL is tracking on a bar 9 which doesn't exist.
Then when S1 starts over at bar 1, FL is going from about bar 2.

Edit #2: Tried again starting from scratch. Loaded old project into vsti mult-out and now there's no stutter, no jump, and when I click the arrow to start at beginning while transport is still running, FL follows right along with S1.
Maybe the initial Rewire from the problematic attempt(s) were still affecting something.
Anyway, it's now looking promising.

Edit #3: Now the audio is lagging behind the midi. I don't hear any sound until after a few midi notes have already played, so the midi is a few beats ahead of the audio.

Edit #4: Tried with single FL vsti and transport and midi/audio sync seems ok.
Should I just use a single vsti for each FL track in S1?
I wish I could get FL to go back to the beginning when I stop S1.
Now I have to click stop in FL (usually a couple times) before it will return to 0.

Edit #5: Decided to go back and retry Rewire. Transport is behaving now. No idea why.

Please ask for more help in Techsupport

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Thanks. I may research there, but I almost never visit those "forums" anymore.

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks. I may research there, but I almost never visit those "forums" anymore.
It's the best support forum for FL Studio without question, and arguably the best available for any DAW software period. The development team themselves solve 100's of problems every week. No middle-men.

Regards Scott

Playback stutters in rewire... :( :( :( :( even FL Studio 20... please help what do i do?

valerian_777 wrote:I have the problem that the first event dont have any sound. Doesnt matter if starting from 1 or move the bar. Those Rewire bugs are very annoying.

This.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Just to educate myself (where it's applicable) I've never understood what the advantage might be rewiring FL instead of just loading it as a VSTi. I'm sure there must be some practical advantage if some people are doing it, I just have no idea what that is.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”