Soundmorph TimeFlux and Wave Warper......any comments?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been intrigued by these sample manipulation applications, but can find very little about them. No manual to download, limited video instruction, very few user comments (SimonS. had some negatives). Anyone really liking these?

Hi jc_vt,

Thanks for you interest. If the tutorial videos are not enough for you, we'd be more than happy to send along the manuals to have a look at. Just write to us at info@soundmorph.com
Cheers!

Sent several emails, still no reply...
SoundMorph wrote:Hi jc_vt,

Thanks for you interest. If the tutorial videos are not enough for you, we'd be more than happy to send along the manuals to have a look at. Just write to us at info@soundmorph.com
Cheers!

If they ever make max4live versions I'd be interested
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Still waiting, about to give up on SoundMorph

I have both and like them a lot. Check out the tutorial videos to get a good idea about how they function.
They certainly are not for everybody since I wouldn't consider using them to create "bread and butter" type sounds. Wave Warper is good for creating whooshes with explosive peaks. One nice thing about WW is that you can select a folder that contains numerous wav files and WW will load them randomly into the various slots, thereby creating some interesting output.
TimeFlux is more of a performance oriented sound-mashing device. If the videos make you interested, then you probably won't be disappointed I bought both with the software bundle for $99 instead of purchasing separately.

What system are you running under? I hope to use for Mac OS10.9.5 but cannot get confirmation they will work. Any idea where to get the PDF manuals?

jc_vt wrote:What system are you running under? I hope to use for Mac OS10.9.5 but cannot get confirmation they will work. Any idea where to get the PDF manuals?
I'm running on windows 7
I don't think I have PDF manuals, but the install folder contains both mac and pc versions of each product. The mac versions have an extension ".pkg" for package file.

Don't touch these on Windows 8.1, they're written with Max, and 6 isn't sorted for 8 (what they tell me). I can't record any audio, it tells me I can but no files are ever saved.

Hopefully when 7 drops they'll be quickly updated and I can finally use them w/ out resorting to something like Total Recorder :)

Amazing sound mangling is possible, though :party:
Meh.

Can anyone confirm they work on Mac running Mavericks and the latest version om Max 6.1.8?

I've written many times over the past weeks, with no response. Please see the latest PM I sent and I will stop hassling you!
SoundMorph wrote:Hi jc_vt,

Cheers!

Didn't know about this, for just $69 it looks like a steal, like a mini drone daw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoxVb81nuk

If you are interested, I'd recommend the bundle which also includes Wavewarper and some other small program for $99. I did end up buying and have been generally very happy with these programs.

Edit: Got it, I see the guy loading Ubik in one of the VST slots.

Obviously VST = Effects

It's got an update now, and bundle looks tempting:

http://soundmorph.com/?page=home

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”