Update AAS-Plugins - Tassman now with 64 Bit Bridge

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

Cool. Several updates from AAS. But very cool to have Tassman 4 now also as 64bit native. If this continues I'll need to deinstall 32lives ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:Cool. Several updates from AAS. But very cool to have Tassman 4 now also as 64bit native. If this continues I'll need to deinstall 32lives ;)
I just "Unwrapped" Tassman. Rayspace is the only 32bit VST i'm still using.

masterhiggins wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Lounge Lizard and Chromaphone also got updated I just saw.
And Ultra Analog VA-2 and String Studio VS-2 were updated too. :)

-Sam
What have they changed about the UA 2? I always liked its sound, but the user interface was too small for me.

From the email on UA VA-2...

Additions
* Added support for MIDI assignments on pitch wheel and channel pressure (mono aftertouch);
* Added Set Minimum/Maximum Value menu options to set a MIDI assignment’s range.

deft_bonz wrote:But very cool to have Tassman 4 now also as 64bit native.
If it's using a bit-bridge, then it's not 64-bit native. It is bridged.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Lounge Lizard and Chromaphone also got updated I just saw.
And Ultra Analog VA-2 and String Studio VS-2 were updated too. :)

-Sam
What have they changed about the UA 2? I always liked its sound, but the user interface was too small for me.
It's still tiny and multi tabbed unfortunately.

EvilDragon wrote:

Yes. I still count it as native, because I don't have to bridge/wrap with another software. Who knows how many developers "just bridged" their plugins for 64bit instead of reprogramming it native, but don't tell us ;)

aMUSEd wrote:It's still tiny and multi tabbed unfortunately.
Odd, they said they were working on a bigger GUI months ago, glad I did not fall for that :lol:

I think the GUI is actually bigger, if you calculate horizontal x vertical pixels. The font and knobs and such just are still very tiny :D :D :D

Yet another synth off my list. Strange, I have money to spend, but there is something wrong with every plugin I have tried so far. Seems nobody wants my money...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It's still tiny and multi tabbed unfortunately.
Odd, they said they were working on a bigger GUI months ago, glad I did not fall for that :lol:
They said they were working on aftertouch, modwheel and pitchbend support for Chromaphone years ago - they don't seem very good at sticking to what they say.

Seems to be a bug - when I try to open the advanced settings in UA2 I get this:
Program failed with error:
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:66776: attempt to index a nil value

stack traceback:
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:66776: in function '?'
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:29312: in function 'S'
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:29390: in function 'doMenu'
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:25570: in function <[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:25561>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:58425: in function <[string "function package.preload.aas_controls(...)..."]:58422>
(tail call): ?

Well...still no VST parameter automation on Tassman.
Very very bad.
Pretty unconfortable to deal with MIDI CC in a DAW enviroment.
Tassman 5? :-D

This is probably the first time I've ever been disappointed that there wasn't a paid upgrade path for 64 bit..
Tassman to me has one of the worst interfaces aesthetically and I would pay money to get at the least updated. Also AAS really need to follow U-He etc. in having adjustable plug in sizes.

EvilDragon wrote:
Checked on OSX 10.10. There is "Tassman Wrapper" outside of x64 DAW (cubase 8 x64)

Why AAS claims: "Mac compatibility
VST 32-/64-bit, Audio Units 32-/64-bit, RTAS, and AAX Native plug-in hosts"
???

Return to “Instruments”