Midi FX Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

bitcrusher wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know what's the latest version of Xfer Records Nerve for Mac? I'm running
Logic Pro X with OS X v10.9.4. Can't find a lot of info on the website.
1.12 is the latest.

Thanks for your reply. And it's 64bit AU, fully compatible with Logic Pro X right?

I just downloaded and installed the Nerve demo. It's version 1.1. It's 64-bit, but it does not have the MIDI FX ability.

Steve, are you planning to update Nerve;'s demo?

Thanks!

- Wes
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Updating the demo would be smart. I already discarded it because it was crashing all over Logic...

I just downloaded and installed the Nerve demo. It's version 1.1. It's 64-bit, but it does not have the MIDI FX ability.
Steve, are you planning to update Nerve;'s demo?
MIDI FX is in beta for registered users. I will update the demo with the next release but no ETA on that.
Updating the demo would be smart. I already discarded it because it was crashing all over Logic...
the demo has been updated pretty recently, maybe try again and feel free to send me a crash report should you manage a crash (it's rock solid here in Logic, the old demo wasn't 10.7 friendly).

Thanks! I tried it again, and now I'm not able to reproduce. I did find the old traceback in the logs, and it got a segfault in ADEDitor::updatePresetMenu, which may mean it was related to the installation.

So if anyone else experiences the problem, try restarting it a few times and it may resolve itself :)

Wow, seems like MIDI FX plugins for Logic X are finally starting to gain momentum!

Some new additions:

Nora by Squareheads
Midi Madness 2 by MidiMadness
ARPG8R by Pentacom
B-step Sequencer by Monoplugs

Does anybody elso now some other new MIDIFX plugins?

We have also recently added MFX support for the following plug-ins:
- Blue Cat's Plug'n Script: lets you script your own MIDI effects.
- Blue Cat's PatchWork: lets you create MIDI effects chains and load them as a single MFX plug-in.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:We have also recently added MFX support for the following plug-ins:
- Blue Cat's Plug'n Script: lets you script your own MIDI effects.
- Blue Cat's PatchWork: lets you create MIDI effects chains and load them as a single MFX plug-in.
Patchwork is a lifesaver for this.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

The scripting looks a bit above my epertise to be honest. But I'll check it out. Any other new midifx plugins?

Yes, Nora works as VST/AU/MIDIFX in Mac now. We're trying to provide you AAX now, maybe after the next week update.

Xfer update their LFO tool to MidiFX as well!

Hi!
If you use LOGIC and want MIDI FXs you really should look at the environment, it is really powerfull.
As a matter of fact I'd really like to have something similar to use in Reaper, or at least simple MIDI delays, and something like the "transformer".

Have a good day!

Any new third party MidiFX plugins?

Plogue Bidule has had a MFX version for some time now.

Hoping to see a MFX of Reaktor 6.

Not for Logic, but for Windows users there are:
- InsertPiz - midiLooper (Piz's site is a MIDI treasure trove)
- arp!0 - groovy midi arp is my fav arp. (this is a script for the ReaJS VST plugin)
- CK_Modules - POLY STEP SEQUENCER and PATTERN ARP PLUS

Return to “Effects”