Does anyone know what this is?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is installed on my E drive under the folder "intel"

I want to swap out my drive tonight for my SSD but I'm worried this is something important.
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

looks like the intel ProSet s/w for configuring intel based ethernet controllers - so shouldn't affect your SSD changeover

Now that I think about it, I did have some issues with ethernet when I first loaded everything.....but it's a gigabyte board. I wonder why it installed on my E drive :?

hibidy wrote:Now that I think about it, I did have some issues with ethernet when I first loaded everything.....but it's a gigabyte board. I wonder why it installed on my E drive :?
given the presence of the autorunf.inf file I'd say that's where your extracted the installation archive (not where it's actually installed to). Check the programs & features control panel to see if it's installed.

heaps of manufacturers use intel ethernet chips....gigabyte included

Thanks!

hibidy wrote:Thanks!
if you are using those drivers (as opposed to the microsoft provided ones) it'd be worth heading over to intel's site and downloading the current release (cos looking at the dates on some of those files it's an old old released)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”