Clipping

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have recently started to use Voxengo to help with mixing and eq but there is a feature (if you use it) that tells me is my mix is clipping. I'm really confused here because I can clearly hear there is no clipping and in the spectrum I can see my mix is not going over 0 dcbs. So is it essential (for those who use Voxengo) to have this clipping feature at 0??
Thank you!

Yes this is what a Limiter does.

It's clipping on the input, but not on the output - hence why you can't see it peaking over 0db.

And the reason why you can't hear it is because Elephant is quite transparent (if it is indeed the 'phant).
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Didn't think it was a limiter though ... thought it was just a spectrum analyser.. Don't get what you mean by input/output but thanks anyway!
Oh and you lost me at the elephant bit :P.
Last edited by tecimusic on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tecimusic wrote:Didn't think it was a limiter though ... thought it was just a spectrum analyser.. Don't get what you mean by input/output but thanks anyway!
Voxengo have a billion products. Which one?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

yup this was my bad.. It is Voxengo Span. So yeah same question.

it may be detecting inter-sample clipping?

use your ears, dont look at meters, its all numbers and digitall it doesnt mean anything, you have an infinite noise ceiling in digital
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Return to “Production Techniques”