Northern Lights for Omnisphere (plus Mainstage 3 bonuses)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.facebook.com/rockymountainsounddesign
New Omnisphere (and MainStage 3) patches exploring the sounds from the Great White North. Over 120 patches (presets and multis). Special bonus for MainStage 3 users including all patches provided on 4 "concert" templates- including pre-assigned drawbars for the NL Drawbar and NL Drawbar Experiments Vol 1 patches.

Only $25.00 USD
Last edited by JavaJ on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

Last edited by JavaJ on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds

These are fantastic patches, the only problem is the Mainstage concerts won't play properly. I can play them if I mouse on the keyboard but they are not accepting midi input from my keyboard. I can play my own Mainstage patches fine so it is set up correctly and midi is working, in fact I can see the midi notes in the info panel when I play them, they are just not being routed to the plugin and I can't see how to change that.

The only thing I can think of is some thing is setup for your keyboard that is stopping it accepting input from mine. tbh Mainstage midi settings are rubbish as it doesn't seem to allow you to select a midi input, you can only access the global system level midi options, but maybe there's a control I need to access?

aMUSEd wrote:These are fantastic patches, the only problem is the Mainstage concerts won't play properly. I can play them if I mouse on the keyboard but they are not accepting midi input from my keyboard. I can play my own Mainstage patches fine so it is set up correctly and midi is working, in fact I can see the midi notes in the info panel when I play them, they are just not being routed to the plugin and I can't see how to change that.

The only thing I can think of is some thing is setup for your keyboard that is stopping it accepting input from mine. tbh Mainstage midi settings are rubbish as it doesn't seem to allow you to select a midi input, you can only access the global system level midi options, but maybe there's a control I need to access?
Wow- thank you for the kinds words- and I mean it! You are a long time KVRian so when I saw your name I smiled big time (face hurts still LOL). OK, so these will work fine. Go into Layout in MS. Click on the keyboard- click assign- then hit a key on your controller. Click on mod wheel and do the same thing- move your mod wheel. Pitchbend- ditto. Now click on each draw bar and grab a slider. Once done unclick assign and you will have full control. The awesomeness comes in the drawbar control in the DEX patch sets. The organ was a proof of concept- because honestly- MS already has great organs. It was more to show that you could make Omnisphere do this- and give users a starting template to do their own DEX creations. Simply go into each part and each layer and change the sound source- or change the synth wave type from sine to something else (Square wave drawbar organ- why not). Or, load them up with unique synths or box- or bowed bicycles like I created. Very NI Kinetik Metal to me. It's awesome to be able to sculpt sounds like a drawbar- and do it live- something you just don't do normally- or pull out the lower registers if the sound needs to be cleaned up a bit- or pull down the middle bars to let a guitar/piano solo through without muddying up the sound.

Please like my Facebook page as well and post any questions or help there so others can benefit.

One more benefit that you may not be aware of- I am going to be updating Northern Lights with free micro packs. First one I am working on is Northern Lights Carbon- new basses. Future packs will also include Crystal (mallets and bells), Granite (leads) and toying with the idea of Festive- for Christmas sounds (for church use primarily but you never know!). Owners of Northern Lights will get these included in future updates (or users can buy the micro packs separately).

Thank you for supporting me!!! I really appreciate it and will work hard to make new hand-crafted sounds from the Great White North, eh!
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds

JavaJ wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:These are fantastic patches, the only problem is the Mainstage concerts won't play properly. I can play them if I mouse on the keyboard but they are not accepting midi input from my keyboard. I can play my own Mainstage patches fine so it is set up correctly and midi is working, in fact I can see the midi notes in the info panel when I play them, they are just not being routed to the plugin and I can't see how to change that.

Wow- thank you for the kinds words- and I mean it! You are a long time KVRian so when I saw your name I smiled big time (face hurts still LOL). OK, so these will work fine. Go into Layout in MS. Click on the keyboard- click assign- then hit a key on your controller. Click on mod wheel and do the same thing- move your mod wheel. Pitchbend- ditto. Now click on each draw bar and grab a slider. Once done unclick assign and you will have full control.
Thanks got them working, a bit complicated though, I didn't even realise Mainstage had the ability to assign midi inputs individually they are so hidden away, nor did I suspect it would have expected a different user would have exactly the same setup (what were Apple thinking there?), in any other host it's just a question of the project working with whatever midi inputs are available.

Might be worth doing a help file to go with the presets.

I plan on doing some quick tutorials and this will be one of them.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds

Return to “Soundware”