Jean michel Jarre VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

At last, a VCS3 clone (despite the dev’s insistence that it isn’t one!) that’s actually worthy of the comparison.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/kx-synt ... y-kx77free
It’s been the only serious contender since its first release almost 6 years ago, and its continual development has kept it among the most flexible, genuinely vintage-sounding synths out there.
With the release of version 5.0, the last piece of the VCS jigsaw has fallen into place: M. Kalensky has relented, and made the envelopes loopable in the idiosyncratic manner of the Synthis’ Traps, for all those bouncing-ball / alien-laser-raygun – and myriad, more subtle – effects. (Don’t worry – the two ADSRs are still there!)
Not content with that, XK has supplemented the already excellent 3-pole LP filter (with HP variants) with a shedload of new ones based on recordings of the original hardware, plus variable slope SV and other types. And I’m prepared to admit, publicly, that the SynthiQ (3-pole) is the first – and as yet only – filter, virtual or otherwise, ever to have actually brought a genuine tear to my eye. (Where did those last four decades go …?)
Great work, Monsieur Kalensky. Great work!

Just downloaded and installed. What a wonderful synth! ...and FREE! Great stuff! :tu: :tu:

And check out ~musicalentropy's DC14 entry, Guitar Gadgets
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/guitar- ... py/details
it has a phaser that might be just what you're looking for.

I haven't been on this forum for a while. It's good to see that my ensemble (Eminent-V 310 Strings) is still being talked about :D

I've just tried the demo of Night Flight and, oh boy!, it sounds beautiful! Being a string ensemble emulation junkie myself I purchased it right there.

Loomer String and now NIght Flight are, so far, my favorite string synths, apart for the ones I created myself, of course :D

Hello!
alienmachine wrote:I haven't been on this forum for a while. It's good to see that my ensemble (Eminent-V 310 Strings) is still being talked about :D

I've just tried the demo of Night Flight and, oh boy!, it sounds beautiful! Being a string ensemble emulation junkie myself I purchased it right there.

Loomer String and now NIght Flight are, so far, my favorite string synths, apart for the ones I created myself, of course :D
Your link (in your signature) displays a white page... Do you have a direct link which works to your String Synth?
:pray:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

alienmachine wrote:I haven't been on this forum for a while. It's good to see that my ensemble (Eminent-V 310 Strings) is still being talked about :D

Hey dude, been a long time!! :)

Hehehe, we always have the best lists, I think I wrote somewhere for these peeps a list of goes just like the one above ^.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Thank you very much for the ensemble. :D :tu:
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

@HunterKiller, Yeah, it has been a while. Fatherhood takes all your available time, but it's rewarding :D
BTW, your presets for Loomer are my favorites. If I haven't checked this topic I wouldn't have found Night Flight :tu:

@BlackWinny, I resuscitated my old post with the links to download the ensemble. Please check it :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&t=203453

Damn!, it has been so long that I don't even have my KVR signature anymore... :lol:
Last edited by alienmachine on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

alienmachine wrote:@HunterKiller, Yeah, it has been a while. Fatherhood takes all your available time, but it's rewarding :D
BTW, your presets for Loomer are my favorites. If I haven't checked this topic I wouldn't have found Night Flight :tu:
Congratulations! Children are such a gift!

Btw I did some presets which attempt to bring Night Flight a little closer to the Eminent, might interest you! ;)

Can't believe its 2014 and we are still struggling to emulate properly the strings from a machine which started it all!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel

HunterKiller wrote:
alienmachine wrote:Btw I did some presets which attempt to bring Night Flight a little closer to the Eminent, might interest you! ;)
Oh please... I would be interested too!
(if you agree)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Me too!!!

As a matter of fact. I'm VERY interested in!

HunterKiller wrote: Congratulations! Children are such a gift!

Btw I did some presets which attempt to bring Night Flight a little closer to the Eminent, might interest you! ;)

Can't believe its 2014 and we are still struggling to emulate properly the strings from a machine which started it all!
Hey Hunter,

Yeah! I will be interested in your presets! Let me (us? :wink:) know where to find it.

I started sporadically working on my Eminent 310 emulation again. I was never completely satisfied with its sound and several years ago I found why: my oscillator is based on a square wave, which is filtered to become a quasi-sawtooth wave. The problem is that the oscillators of most of the original string machines are narrow pulse waves with a duty cycle of around 20% - 25%. They are converted to quasi-sawtooth waves too, but since the duty cycle is very narrow, the harmonic spectra is different. The original Eminent/Solina strings sound, how should I put it, a bit more hollow/nasal than mine, specially when you use the phase shifter.

I have been working to find a band limited algorithm to modify my oscillators, since the one I used produces a lot of aliasing at high frequencies, specially with narrow pulse waves. Today, I finally made it. So, I will create a new version as soon as I can finish it. And maybe, just maybe, the whole Eminent 310 organ too, with Orbitone included, who knows..... :D

alienmachine wrote:Hey Hunter,

Yeah! I will be interested in your presets! Let me (us? :wink:) know where to find it.

I started sporadically working on my Eminent 310 emulation again. I was never completely satisfied with its sound and several years ago I found why: my oscillator is based on a square wave, which is filtered to become a quasi-sawtooth wave. The problem is that the oscillators of most of the original string machines are narrow pulse waves with a duty cycle of around 20% - 25%. They are converted to quasi-sawtooth waves too, but since the duty cycle is very narrow, the harmonic spectra is different. The original Eminent/Solina strings sound, how should I put it, a bit more hollow/nasal than mine, specially when you use the phase shifter.

I have been working to find a band limited algorithm to modify my oscillators, since the one I used produces a lot of aliasing at high frequencies, specially with narrow pulse waves. Today, I finally made it. So, I will create a new version as soon as I can finish it. And maybe, just maybe, the whole Eminent 310 organ too, with Orbitone included, who knows..... :D
Wow! Just wow!

Can you implement keyboard tracking, not linear, but as an exponential curve? It's subtle, but it has to be an exponential curve. Getting the curve right would require some testing.
That's another thing which the Eminent does with all of its sounds, the lower notes become progressively darker in tone. A subtle effect, but noticeable.
This wasn't implemented on the ARP Solinas, which gave them their distinctive unrefined raw/buzzy sound.

It's a complex machine, it shapes the tones of its various sounds to be more akin to acoustic instruments rather then the unpolished and raw nature of a pure analog synthesizer sound.

Presents coming soon. ;)

Here you are gentlemen, enjoy: https://www.mediafire.com/?cq49w9bc2wfvlli

Wow! Thanks a lot!
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”