Eventide Ultrareverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraReverb

Yeah I'm demoing it now - expected much better from Eventide - this is rather thin and ringy.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v1o wrote:Comparisons to Valhalla Vintage Verb are welcome.
The sound reminds me more of RP-Verb. I think it is worth that.. errrm. discount price ( ;) ) mentioned earlier, but at the regular $199, I think it is a bit steep (but then again, I thought the same about RP-Verb at its regular price ;) ). Sean has certainly spoiled us, pricewise ;).
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

That's why my partner jumped on it right away... just in case the discounted discount goes away (they have before)... well, that and the fact that we have all the other native Eventide plug-ins.*

Plus, we're starting up an epic project where we'll probably be using a lot of different discrete mix-and-match signal chains: EQ, dynamics, pitch, delay, reverb, etc. (kind of justifies past, present and future GAS).

*Just got the word that with the free ultrachannel and discounted discounts from above, we're right at $70 each on average for the six plug-ins, or an overall 70% discount over MSRP.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

szurcio wrote:Does it take a lot of CPU?
Yes. On my system the Eventide verb takes about triple the CPU of Lex PCM or Valhalla. We're talking nearly Ozone-level CPU usage. YMMV, however.

As for the sound, nothing earthshaking IMHO. I liked some of the plate and ambience settings best, but ... we are certainly spoiled for reverb plugs these days. While the Eventide can make some cool noises, I haven't found anything that jumped out at me. It is cool to have the delay, EQ, and comp to play with, though. And the list of presets is impressive.

Maybe worth the purchase for someone looking for a fun verb/delay at a reasonable price. :wheee:

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if jrrshop can give even better price, as usual.

tuzemec wrote:I wonder if jrrshop can give even better price, as usual.
"Coupon codes are not available for this product"
but there is an excellent price here ...

The video demo doesn't sound as good as their Blackhole I've never found a plugin as good as Blackhole for massive reverbs.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dang! Im currently demoing 2caudio Breeze and thought of buying. Hmm, gotta demo this...

B2 is much better than this, so I presume Breeze is probably too.

aMUSEd wrote:B2 is much better than this, so I presume Breeze is probably too.
Well imo Breeze sounds spectacular.

aMUSEd wrote:expected much better from Lexicon
:o :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I would to try the Demo but... Are ilock\pace protected??? o.O

Turello wrote:I would to try the Demo but... Are ilock\pace protected??? o.O
Aww dam we can't pirate it

Big brand name + expensive plugin = pirate magnet so they have no choice.

I don't want to pirate nothing... But if are iLock protected I not try too... -_-

Return to “Effects”