How do I create .nkx monolith files of a Kontakt sample library?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to create .nkc and .nkx monolith files of my Kontakt sample library. Is it possible to do so without a Kontakt Player developer license from Native Instrument, and if so, how?

Most of my favorite commercial sample libraries, the majority of which are Kontakt Player libraries, have an .nkc and .nkx file in the main folder, the latter of which is a monolith file (containing the graphics, etc.). Then, another .nkc and a large .nkc monolith containing all of the samples is in the Samples subfolder. For example, Sonic Couture's Novachord has "Novachord_info.nkc" and "Novachord_info.nkx" in the main folder, and then has "Novachord_001.nkc" and "Novachord_001.nkx" in the Samples subfolder. Some other Kontakt Player libraries use .nks files instead of .nkx files and/or lump the graphics and the samples all into one monolith, instead of separating it into two monoliths at different folder levels.

However, I have no clue how to create either of these .nkc/.nkx/.nks monolith file types. When I try to create a monolith, Kontakt only creates NKI files for me.

Given that my objectives for this are content protection and piracy deterrence, how can I create a similar monolith .nkx/.nkc/.nks file that contains only the samples (and maybe the resources/graphics folder...but not the .nki instrument)? I've read that mere NKI monolith files of an entire instrument cannot achieve those objectives, as they can easily be unpackaged by simply doing "Save As" with "patch+samples" selected. Or are .nkc/.nkx/.nks files reserved only to people who purchase Kontakt Player developer licenses from Native Instruments (I can't afford to pay $10k to NI up front)?

antiquemusique wrote:I'm trying to create .nkc and .nkx monolith files of my Kontakt sample library. Is it possible to do so without a Kontakt Player developer license from Native Instrument, and if so, how?
[...] Or are .nkc/.nkx/.nks files reserved only to people who purchase Kontakt Player developer licenses from Native Instruments (I can't afford to pay $10k to NI up front)?
As far as I know, .nkx/.nkc/.nks files are for them only.

Those are indeed only for Kontakt Player libraries.

And it's not that those monoliths are doing anything as far as piracy deterrence or content protection, because cracked version of Kontakt can unpack those NKX monoliths and get to the actual samples.

I create new library I want to save the sample to nkx format

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:50 am Those are indeed only for Kontakt Player libraries.
I thought that too but I saw a library from Fluffy Audio on my computer friend some week ago and though the library (Rinascimento) is not for the player and needs the full version of Kontakt to work, it comes with nkx monolith files... :?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”