That long-awaited Rhino update...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Rhino

-Redesigning the patch page, I'm a bit confused why there need to be two windows to show the patches (bank and and library), one is enough, the extra space created can be used to have more macro controls on that page for example
I think the library is a great feature and would not want to loose that. (Especially since I have my own categories filled with patches.)

I guess it can be confusing if you don't look at the docs and understand the difference between the library and the bank.

relayer wrote:I guess it can be confusing if you don't look at the docs and understand the difference between the library and the bank.
Still not how I would prefer it:
http://www.bigtickaudio.com/.downloads/ ... manual.pdf

What are you the three main updates you would want to see with Rhino then?

1. Photorealisitic GUI
2. Larger GUI
3. More high quality filters
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Big Tick wrote:
e-modic wrote:
This I could do, although do you really want to have the same filters in every vsti ?
The only problem I see, is that none of the factory patches would use the new filters. So you would have a new nice feature, that is not used anywhere in the factory content.
For me it is not a problem as Rhino is not a Rompler but a workhorse and I really came to an end with Rhino when I programmed some nice rythmic phrazes but can´t make them sound analogish whooshing etc. because of missing high quality Filters. Just think of the great advantage users will have when they could change their beloved preset with a new filter. I agree with you that an update doesn´t include a new GUI. I work with Zebra2 in standart view therefore I am used to work with super strange tiny knobs, IMO Rhino still has a better GUI :wink:

It is just one feature, the rest is perfect as it is.
Induljon a banzáj!

And now 2.14 is out! :hyper:
Changes:

-New ZDF filter types.
-New "Vintage Chorus" effect.
-Fixes for AudioUnit UI bugs.
-Command-click simulates right-click on Mac.

Shrinking GUIs are a problem these days, indeed, but some hosts let users resize the GUI regardless (Logic is the only one I know of). It looks bad but takes care of some eye strain.

Keeping the plugin working on new host and OS versions is the only thing I sort of expect (and don't always get) from developers :-) Not that I'm a customer here. I have the CM freebies. But that's the most critical part, I think: keeping it working.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

A big thanks to FOL for the Ceros skin, very nice, and easy on the eyes :love:

http://flavoursoflime.blogspot.no/2012/ ... synth.html

Rhino is one of those plugs that always manage to surprise me.

There is so much gold hidden in the patch library, gotta give a big thumbs up for the tweakers for how they manage to achieve such cool results :tu:

Now you can have Rhino for just $30 (including 4 soundbanks (512 extra patches) :o :party: :love:

http://soundbytesmag.net/bigtickrhino/

Numanoid wrote:Now you can have Rhino for just $30 (including 4 soundbanks (512 extra patches) :o :party: :love:

Rhino's been one of those, "I should get this one day" synths for some time now. Today is that day.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Now you can have Rhino for just $30 (including 4 soundbanks (512 extra patches) :o :party: :love:

Rhino's been one of those, "I should get this one day" synths for some time now. Today is that day.
Rhino was my first synth. It's awesome. Diva was my second. I got spoiled quick.

With the latest update did they increase the GUI size? When I tested it out I loved the sound (4.5 out of 5 stars) but passed on it because of yet another too small GUI.

So have they finally addressed that or still the same small unreadable mess.

So when can users expect Rhino3 :hyper:

Bought! Fantastic sounds in here. For that price it's a steal. Now if only i could download the 4 additional banks...
no sig

I bought this on sale too. I like it a lot, but I agree with others about the GUI. If like to see one that is a little bigger. Also I'd like to see a unison function and some oversampling options.

Maybe when this was first made it used a lot of CPU resources, but now it's very light on my system. I think adding unison and oversampling options would make this synth even better and it would blow up anyone's CPU. The user imported waveforms sometimes alias. I think oversampling could reduce that.

Maybe I'll have to wait for Rhino 3. Overall it's a great synth that just needs a little updating.

Return to “Instruments”