AirMusic Vacuum Pro-Holy Smokes!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE) Loom Classic Structure theRiser Vacuum Pro Velvet Xpand!2

I think drag and drop is easier and quicker.

Lee702 wrote:I think drag and drop is easier and quicker.
Well, perhaps a matter of habit. For me, the above method is more convenient at least because of the clearer categorization.

Just found out you can use the browser for drag and drop.

Here is a little video about the Smart GUI which is really nice and the random function in Vacuum Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6fhiH- ... e=youtu.be
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Wow...this is the first time I have EVER read through each individual post in a thread of this size & I am fascinated,half blind and well informed.
I am really nervous about the installation process and I've even considered buying AIR's optional HD with the expansion bundle on it,but $99 for a 500GB HD??
I had bought a 1TB HD for $70...so I will have to pass on that option and honestly,I wouldn't have the patience to wait for the HD bundle to be shipped to me anyhow...because this deal is insane!

I actually applied for a new credit card today,just so I could get this bundle...as I've never been more excited than this,about a software purchase.

I'm still waiting for my Alesis Vi61 keyboard to ship(along with the included Xpand!2)...so who the hell knows when I'll get my hands on that software and I am pissed,not knowing what month my shipment will arrive.
I suspect that I will have my new credit card and the expansion pack,long before my Alesis arrives...which will be unbelievably frustrating!

Not quite sure why so many people are up in arms over the absence of demos and the resale option...because for one,I think the Loom,Vacuum Pro & Hybrid 3 synth videos,speak very well for themselves(more so than any other videos I've seen),in my opinion.
Secondly...why stress over a no resale option...I mean...if this software would mean so much for you to have,then why would you ever consider getting rid of it??
The only software I had ever considered selling,was my NI K6 bundle(but only due to all of the various tech issues & lack of product support I had experienced).

I am very pleased about AIR being on the scene for all of their customers...but even still...I am not looking forward to the installation process,but I know that whatever hitches I may run into,the bother will be well worth it.

Pro Tools had never caught my attention in the past,but ever since Ignite came out..I was impressed with what AIR offered for free and then that sparked my research into all of Digidesign's other software.

Pro Tools had always been too pricey for me to consider anyhow(as it were)...but now,with AIR's pricing and new VST format...this may be the very best move any software developer has ever made and subsequently my most import software purchase to date!

You said you've never been this excited, I started all this and all I can tell you is you will not be disappointed.
But wait a little longer...when I start about SONiVOX!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote: But wait a little longer...when I start about SONiVOX!
Thanks...but I am not a collector with bottomless pockets and a NASA-grade computer,so I have to draw the line somewhere.
The only other thing on my mind apart from this expansion bundle,is eventually adding more Refills for my Reason DAW and that's where it all ends for me.

Hi Gents, thanks for your support its great to have such passionate fans!
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWmkM- ... e=youtu.be

Review of the Oscillators and Filters with Deadmau5 pattern ;). For the people who don't own it and want to know how they sound
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Has anybody been able to solve the missing/invalid air.db file problem? I don't have this file after my Structure installation (PC v2.0.2) and trying to create it does nothing. I tried downloading EvilDragon's file but that was unavailable and it looks like users still had problems after using it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

andycraig wrote:Has anybody been able to solve the missing/invalid air.db file problem? I don't have this file after my Structure installation (PC v2.0.2) and trying to create it does nothing. I tried downloading EvilDragon's file but that was unavailable and it looks like users still had problems after using it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Never solved.

http://community.airmusictech.com/airmu ... se-invalid

AlesisVi61 wrote: Not quite sure why so many people are up in arms over the absence of demos and the resale option...
You seriously don't see why it's a problem to both not offer a demo and not allow resales? I actually didn't know there were no resales. If this is true that's bad enough, but to also not even be able to test what you are locked into never selling, well that's crazy.

Not having a demo OR not be able to resell might be acceptable, but videos are not enough to judge whether something is what you want. Every so often there is a VST synth that can't be resold, usually by a smaller developer, but these ALWAYS have demos so you can be sure.

It's too bad, I think I'd really like this synth.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote: Not quite sure why so many people are up in arms over the absence of demos and the resale option...
You seriously don't see why this is a problem it's a problem to both not offer a demo and not allow resales? I actually didn't know there were no resales. If this is true that's bad enough, but to also not even be able to test what you are locked into never selling, well that's crazy.

Not having a demo OR not be able to resell might be acceptable, but videos are not enough to judge whether something is what you want. Every so often there is a VST synth that can't be resold, usually by a smaller developer, but these ALWAYS have demos so you can be sure.

Well...the only instance when I would want the option to sell software,is if it were defective(such as when I had purchased Sonar X2)...as that malware was defective as friggin' hell and not having the option to return or resell the sh*t(not that I would really want to put the burden on others by selling garbage)...but miraculously,some people are willing to put up with Cakewalk's bulls**t...because they are head over heels with Sonar's feature set.
For a very select few,some Sonar X2 users were able to work around it's defects(but I guess I was spoiled by the exceptional stability I have with my Propellerhead and Presonus S1 DAW's....so I ended up pissing away $100 on my X2 software(as it were).

You seriously don't see why it's a problem to both not offer a demo and not allow resales? I actually didn't know there were no resales. If this is true that's bad enough, but to also not even be able to test what you are locked into never selling, well that's crazy.

I'm shopping around for new synths and I just found out about the Air expansion pack about an hour ago, so I've been checking out the details. I'm seriously thinking about dropping the $299 for this pack because it seems like an amazing deal.

This vid was very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcenpR8KdLI

lotus2035 wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:
I'm shopping around for new synths and I just found out about the Air expansion pack about an hour ago, so I've been checking out the details. I'm seriously thinking about dropping the $299 for this pack because it seems like an amazing deal.
Pardon me if this sounds like I'm brown-nosing AIR's butt...but I must profess(this is by far),the very best $300 I have ever spent in my life.
Just synths alone in this bundle,are completely worth the price of admission,Structure is a decided improvement over my samplers in my Reason 7 DAW and Strike is the most impeccably authentic drum module I have ever dealt with!
I didn't delve into Velvet or Tranfuser as of yet(as I've been too preoccupied with the rest of the bundle). :phones:

I slapped together a little audio demo on YT...so I hope this helps aid you in your decision about what to buy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbdkC7k9YNU

By the way...for some reason,YouTube isn't doing justice to the sonic quality of my mixdown from my Studio One DAW...but an entire song done exclusively with just these VST's might give you a clearer picture of what AIR offers.

Return to “Instruments”