Why did nobody ever recreate a D-50 or DX7 vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: And often IMO, these 'recreations' give us more and more like
D-110 and D-70 types of sounds than anything D-550.
I never had a D-550, but I have the V-Synth XT, and it comes with the same presets of the D-50 (and I presume the D-550 too). So, no D-110 or D-70 - it is a D-50 (or D-550), all right. Again, I don't have the original to make A/B comparisons, but I seriously doubt I would notice a difference (unless that the XT would sound better when not emulating the old converters, which I think it would).
Last edited by fmr on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

D-50: The closest thing in VST world is probably this here.

Since the currently last poster there said in response to another poster that he has all of the D-50 waveforms, but that he (the person asking) would have to make the actual sounds by himself, the D-50 waves are probably 'in circulation' and Vintage can load them. Otherwise his response would make no sense.

Vintage homepage here.

For sound demos see the above linked video from 7:40 and the continuation in Part 2.

ENV1 wrote:D-50: The closest thing in VST world is probably this here.
That's what I mentioned in page 1 of this thread :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
ENV1 wrote:D-50: The closest thing in VST world is probably this here.
That's what I mentioned in page 1 of this thread :wink:
Ah. True.

Must have scrolled right over it. :)

I didn't see it mentioned in this thread; does anyone have any experience with the UVI Digital Synsations DS90s from their Digital Synsations pack? I couldn't find any reviews of it on youtube, although there's a pretty nifty comparison of their VFX to an actual unit which sounds pretty good.

I own a orginal D50.
The closeset in sound is the DS90 from the UVI Digital Synsation. It´s not 100 % because the didn´t model the orginal reverb and fx. But to my ears it sounds very close. And I got it for free some month ago.

The Tubeohm Synth is also a good synth but only 32 Bit.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

The UVI version has been mentioned previously. Some believe it nails it, but to me it doesn't even feel close. It's nice for what it is though and for me, it's only draw back is the dreaded PACE software that demands to run continually behind it.
(I gave my UVI license and iLok account away because of the PACE).
I do feel there are softsynths that do a better job in getting a D550 sound/efect.
But as always with each of us, YMMV.

just get the real deal with free shipping, then control it with a software editor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-D-550-/1 ... 2c87fa0a55
i should sell some other gear and pick this up myself... it would compliment my YAMAHA TX802 nicely :love:

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”