How do I organize my synth/sound library to speed up the production process

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The dilemma I have is, there are a boatload of synths and not an easy way to access the sounds I want. For instance I have Maschine, which can be used to search through tags and narrow down the sound I want, but even Maschine doesn't have access to my Kontakt libraries and can't load them straight from it.

So how do you guys go about organizing your sounds? How much time does it take to find the sound you want? Say, commonly used sounds like a 'chimes' is easy to find in Maschine under 'samples' category. But I want some stabby arpeggiated synths and maschine doesn't have access to my z3ta presets, so I'm limited by what the Komplete synths have.

So, what is a way that everyone finds the sound they want? How long does it take for you to find a common sound, like strings, or piano? vs. more complex ones like a specific type of sound effect? Is there a way to organize my library better?

You can use Kontakt's Database for all the sounds in Kontakt and in fact Komplete if you have it, but I'm not seeing how to integrate Maschine in that (or Massive, FM8, etc.) so that's a good question.

I find things pretty much right away. I have things organized in a way I understand is all. Now, I don't use Kontakt as a synth substitute like at all.
But I do have things like Sonic Couture, ie., special sound design that I acquired specifically wanting these kinds of sounds
But I just know where shit is on my drives. Or some of it is in the libraries browser, I go to eg., 'CineBrass Pro', 'Sonic Couture 73 Deconstructed' ->Instruments and make a choice. I like certain vendors a lot and I make a higher level directory with subfolders. I'm kind of anal retentive with organization because I like to get going immediately.

I set up some of it with the Quick Load but in fact I seem to never go to it as I have it organized more or less like that outside Kontakt, it wouldn't save time so much.
Quick Load could work for you. "Arps" with descriptively named sub-folders, "stabby", think through what you'll gravitate to most frequently and set it up.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”