Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If it's indeed somewhere along the lines of Massive in terms of CPU usage and I click with the interface (I wouldn't see why not :) ) this will be instantly bought.
So... How many hours from now? ;)
about 12 hours, assuming the web server complies!
This is just phenomenal! And for an intro price of 130 dollars? Who is NOT gonna buy it?
That's the spirit! Even I will :hihi:
What about for 50th birthdays? Hate to admit it, but mine will be next Friday
Happy birthday!! :party: Now if only you were born a week earlier... :clown:
One thing I'd request (if it's not currently possible) is a sample osc (multi cycle wave).
Yes indeed that's what the Noise osc is, it can be used for more than just "noise", and you have sample start/random control as well. It's obviously not a full-blown sampler, not even close, but it does have a very high-quality playback!
Congratulations on what promises to be a masterpiece of a synth. Can't wait to get my hands on it! Is a manual available for browsing yet?
Thanks! Well, OK, since you buttered me up like that.. :lol: http://www.xferrecords.com/duda/Serum_10_Manual.pdf

Will Xfer get a official KVR forum soon?
:borg:

Will Xfer get a official KVR forum soon?
No I keep everything on my own forums, there are forums for each product for registered users - this allows registered users to get premium (read: fast) support and updates, and share tips and patches. You can always contact me directly through http://www.xferrecords.com of course.

V0RT3X wrote:Will Xfer get a official KVR forum soon?
Xfer has its own forum and devs can't have one on KVR and their own, only either.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

12 hours! That's excellent, that will be somewhere around noon over here, gives me all day to dive into Serum :)
Oh, and kudos for the details on the files that will be installed in the manual! I know it's nothing in the bigger scheme of things, but I'm scanning all types of folders all the time after demoing plugins, so these little things are appreciated.

Aiynzahev wrote:Pads Pads Pads!
With you there.

Delete the “Serum” folder in C:/Documents/(you)/AppData/Roaming/Xfer/
Shouldn't that be 'C:\Users\[xxx]\AppData\...' instead?

yes, two lines got combined by accident. thanks!

Aiynzahev wrote:This is synth is going to be immense. It's finally the wave-table synth I've been waiting for too. Amazing.
+1

Aiynzahev wrote:
xybre wrote:I just realized that Serum is almost identical to a synth I was designing. The sound generation portion (although laid out differently) is the same (2 wavescanning OSCs, a noise/oneshot generator, and a suboscillator). I was going to generate additional overtone harmonics using additive-like partials but you've done much the same thing using FM (and its probably simpler to code/use).

There's two noticeable differences (a couple of important features missing in the noise osc) but I'm really surprised at the similarity since I thought the combination was unique.

Kudos. There may not be much of a point in me building my own now.
I dunno, always room for more IMO maybe try to shift the direction a little? I'd like to see a GUI or layout if you have one. Start a different thread and show us maybe?
+1

bitcrusher wrote:Thanks! Well, OK, since you buttered me up like that.. :lol: http://www.xferrecords.com/duda/Serum_10_Manual.pdf
Glad my ploy was successful :hihi:

I've had a quick read through the manual, and now I want Serum even more -- both because of all the cool features and because of how clearly they are documented.

I realize it is not your top priority right now, but when the time comes for fine-tuning the manual, here are a couple of details I spotted:
  • p. 44: Slope Down tool, description should read "Diagonal downwards line."
  • p. 47: The Single Menu Item "Normalize" is described as "Ladder-Style Lowpass filter" (maybe that is correct and will make sense to me once I try the demo, but I'm guessing it's a copy/paste that didn't get edited)
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

I've had a quick read through the manual, and now I want Serum even more -- both because of all the cool features and because of how clearly they are documented.
Thanks very much. I've also fixed the mistakes you pointed out! [edit: Re-uploaded]. Much appreciated!

Ah, a new synth manual to read. Yummy!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

On page 16 it says "Windowed sync - Technically should be called 'windowed sync'." Is that an oversight?
Last edited by Sendy on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I've been watching the SeamlessR video and what strikes me is how clearly powerful this thing is yet instead of looking intimidating it looks very accessible positively inviting.

This also strikes me as a synth that can both reach far back into the history of electronic sounds and take us to new places.

Those things are key to a synths appeal for me and an indicator of longevity.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”