Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks man!

hibidy wrote:Image

I'm very VERY excited and very VERY nervous :scared: It's going to be my first 7. But I just couldn't resist that limba! Should be here Friday (unless MF screws up as they've been known to do :x )
I got mine last week. It sounds really good!

And, yes, they buggered up my order :x
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

We'll see. It's been "shipped" which should mean being picked up tonight and delivered tomorrow. I'm suspicious though because it was only about 25 bucks for that service and that seems awfully cheap for overnight.

hibidy reverb part II, the revenge??? :hihi: :lol:

I saw recently that Sweetwater was offering discounted Plek services (or even sometimes including them free) before. What do you guys think of that? Is that something you'd be interested in if I were able to manage it? I like the idea of it because it means that every guitar could leave here with uniformly excellent setups, particularly with budget Epiphones, PRS SE's, and Squire's, but I don't know if Plek is widely-known enough to build a whole promotion campaign around it.

Our in-house tech, John Toner, was the Plek operator at G&L and it really takes a good operator to get the most out of Plek machines.

Turello wrote:hibidy reverb part II, the revenge??? :hihi: :lol:
Yeah, but I bought this one. Confirmed shipment date of tomorrow (I still can't believe it was only about 25 bucks to get one day shipping :shrug: )

Uncle E wrote:I saw recently that Sweetwater was offering discounted Plek services (or even sometimes including them free) before. What do you guys think of that? Is that something you'd be interested in if I were able to manage it? I like the idea of it because it means that every guitar could leave here with uniformly excellent setups, particularly with budget Epiphones, PRS SE's, and Squire's, but I don't know if Plek is widely-known enough to build a whole promotion campaign around it.

Our in-house tech, John Toner, was the Plek operator at G&L and it really takes a good operator to get the most out of Plek machines.
I think it could be a decent promo personally. I think most places charge mad coin for it. I've never played a plek'ed guitar. I've heard good and not so stories. I'd want my bass done (the SR) for super sick low action :hyper:

@hibidy: when you buy this one send me a photo in PM, I wanna the proof!!! -_-

;-)

haha!

hibidy wrote:I think it could be a decent promo personally. I think most places charge mad coin for it. I've never played a plek'ed guitar. I've heard good and not so stories. I'd want my bass done (the SR) for super sick low action :hyper:
I'm pretty convinced about it but, yeah, I've also heard some different opinions about it. Even our tech says he can do a better job by hand than with the Plek machine. The thing Plek provides is consistency, you never know what you're going to get with handwork and that to me is what makes buying guitars on-line such a challenge.

Uncle E........thinkin' bout the plek'xer.......The E man........The E o rama.......Uncle E......

Sorry, just saw that state farm commercial :hihi:

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:I think it could be a decent promo personally. I think most places charge mad coin for it. I've never played a plek'ed guitar. I've heard good and not so stories. I'd want my bass done (the SR) for super sick low action :hyper:
I'm pretty convinced about it but, yeah, I've also heard some different opinions about it. Even our tech says he can do a better job by hand than with the Plek machine. The thing Plek provides is consistency, you never know what you're going to get with handwork and that to me is what makes buying guitars on-line such a challenge.
The consistency is what makes it worthwhile- you have a uniform starting point. My Les Paul was Plek'd at the factory; it still needed some tweaking to be perfect IMO. On the other hand, all the new ones I tried before I bought mine were starting from the same point as far as setup went, so I could concentrate on the real differences tonewise instead of automatically scrapping or leaning towards one because of playability.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Playability...

That's always the killer for me. Don't get me wrong I love my Tele Modern Player I play it every day trying to adjust my play / familiarity so it feels like "the one" the neck is a standard C with jumbos. The fit and finish are great... It's me. I've been used to playing slim C's with medium frets for years and years and...years. I've thought about replacing the neck but I'd rather just burn my muscle memory into the neck shape I have now.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm the same way, except for that I like my necks thick and wide. One of the things that sold me on my Les Paul is that it had the '50s baseball bat neck profile; the others were the skinnier '60s style neck.

ew
A spectral heretic...

The chord possibilities with this is extraordinary. Surprised my fingers fit :lol:

Really comfy (other than the extra string :hihi: ) sounds good. It's a bit dark which I've heard is an issue with many 7s. Looks stunning. Set up pretty nicely out of the case :shrug:

Got the last one. Ok, back to playing :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”