NI Monark filter in other Reaktor ensembles, an approach (improved results and new demos added )

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
Now i created an ensemble that uses the orignal Supersaw macro (from Alex Shore's JP-4c) and the Ladder x3 filter from Reaktor (based on Core modules).

You could check the ensemble yourself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... er%201.ens^
just tried this today and im getting the demo/activate license window (i dont have monark but this should be the 'monark free' version?)

Looks like someone else had this problem but updating worked, however not here :(

gamecat666 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Now i created an ensemble that uses the orignal Supersaw macro (from Alex Shore's JP-4c) and the Ladder x3 filter from Reaktor (based on Core modules).

You could check the ensemble yourself:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... er%201.ens^
just tried this today and im getting the demo/activate license window (i dont have monark but this should be the 'monark free' version?)

Looks like someone else had this problem but updating worked, however not here :(
Have to correct this one again but two later ensembles should work.

This for example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20MkII.ens

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... el%20D.ens

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

those 2 work fine :)
nice job, cheers!

thanx for your great effort on this Ingo! awesome stuff. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

deleted
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

thanks for this , one question , is it possible to use monark oscs into a other ensemble? and do you think it could be possible to implement a phase retriger on the osc ?

Fred_Abstract wrote:thanks for this , one question , is it possible to use monark oscs into a other ensemble? and do you think it could be possible to implement a phase retriger on the osc ?
Yes, using the oscillators should be possible but the Osc module is closed so not sure about the retrigger. Would have to check the inputs of the Osc module.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingo, so as I understand the Monark filters can be used in my own ensemble without any problems?

Igro wrote:Ingo, so as I understand the Monark filters can be used in my own ensemble without any problems?
Using the filter in other ensembles works but there are a few "problems":

- Ensembles with the Monark filter could not be redistrubutet except if you removed the module and add an instructions how to add it again (like in my exampes)

- It does only seem to work properly when the oscillators are based on Core modules (it took some time time to find that this is the solution)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Is there a way to use ensembles/ modules in reaktor with ensembles etc created in Tassman? I have been listening to the tons of demos available for Tassman and it is now on the top of my wish list actually the whole modeling collection is at the top ahead of komplete. Their physical modeled strings are blowing my mind. The moog is my favorite synth as well so I am torn between these 2 bundle packages.

yessongs wrote:Is there a way to use ensembles/ modules in reaktor with ensembles etc created in Tassman?
Not without a VSTHost where you can chain VSTI and FX as separate inserts.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

yessongs wrote:Is there a way to use ensembles/ modules in reaktor with ensembles etc created in Tassman?
No. A Reaktor (or Tassman) ensemble or module is basically a list of instructions on how to initialise and configure the connections between blocks of pre-written code that exist within Reaktor (or Tassman). It doesnt do anything on its own, and it contains nothing which actually does any audio work independent of Reaktor (or Tassman). There's nothing in that list that Tassman (or Reaktor) would understand, let alone be able to utilise.

edit : In respect of the context electro has mentioned you can pass audio out of Reaktor, into Tassman, then back into another instance of Reaktor, within a host, where the ensembles run within their respective applications. But as per my first paragraph, the ensembles alone are not usable 'separately' outside anything other than that application they were built in.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Per whyterabbyt's answer above, the you can't, but what you might be able to do if you can create the pieces you want as units that you want to connect, you could try something like this:

http://www.vstforx.de

Sorry to kinda/sorta hi-jack, but I'm a registered Monark owner and I've struggled trying to add velocity control to Monark. I thought the programming was just too tough for me to figure out, but this kinda gives me hope.

Can someone suggest how I can modify Monark to add velocity control to the filter and vca? I've done (small) mods to Reaktor ens. before... but never with anything this complicated.

TIA,

---JC

thanks Ingo !

Return to “Instruments”