LAST CHANCE! Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA w. OSX x64 AU support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay Admiral, there's one thing lingering on my mind about the second version of Poly-ana.
Will there be a concise documentation of parameter values?
I find Poly-ana extremely difficult in it's numerics.
Also, the AM section should REALLY be changed to an RM. It's the same thing after rectification.
And about rectification, I REALLY REALLY HOPE there will be rectifiers.
Thanks!

AdmiralQuality wrote:Sorry. They simply don't exist to me, same as their forum doesn't exist. I have serious issues with the proprietary thing. If they want to pay me in advance to make a synth for their proprietary platform, then sure, we can talk. But I'm fine with them disappearing up their own assholes, as they seem to want to.
This kind of comment is very unprofessional. If you don't have the time, or don't like their business format, fine. I can respect that. But take in consideration that many Reason users use other DAW's as well, and those users might very well buy VSTi's. This kind of statment might make a potential customer think twice about buying your product. It also kind of goes against your previous "character" statement.

Regardless of your stance on Reason and the propellerheads businessmodel, a statement about them "disappearing up their own assholes" is just unnecessary imho.

Nice synth
Last edited by avasopht on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

eXode wrote: This kind of comment is very unprofessional.
He tried it very polite twice, but Theo can't let go, as ever....

rasmusklump wrote:
That is not an excuse imho.

Theo is just passionate, like many others like him. Me included. I was considering posting a request too, but I think the developers stance has gotten through already ... :)

All the best.

rasmusklump wrote:

oh here we go, let's make it about me. I did nothing wrong in this topic. NOT ONE WORD WRONG.

Have you heard of people changing their mind when something is presented to them in a detailed fashion? I thought there might be a chance.

why don't you leave me alone? You are one of the stalkers that gives me grief. Why? If i criticise, i am wrong. if i have been hard done by and talk about it, i am wrong. Anything i do to you is wrong. but here i am praising his synth, over the moon about it, being completely positive and trying to find logical pointers to present to AQ to give him all chances to look at another format that he is against, and yet STILL, i have done something wrong. i was NOT pushy, geez, you need to look up the meaning of the word.

The guy won't even look at the SDK, yet claims he is practically starving. i tried to show him some positives. Whatever.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object. ;)

Poly-Ana is clearly a labor of love guys. If it was all about sales I'm sure it would have a non-3D GUI by now and an RE would be happening. I'm surprised a bit by the RE stance anyways since they take care of the part that AQ (or I'm sure any developer) hates, which is dealing with constantly changing operating systems and formats so the plug-in dev doesn't have to. But I'm just selfishly glad it's a 64bit VST for mac now and dreading the next time Apple messes things up!

TheoM wrote:The guy won't even look at the SDK, yet claims he is practically starving. i tried to show him some positives. Whatever.

Still starving, eh? :? He wrote that months ago when he did some sale.
It is really sad to see someone who obviously got talent for coding synth physics have such difficulty to make ends meet. And I have no idea how to change that...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
TheoM wrote:The guy won't even look at the SDK, yet claims he is practically starving. i tried to show him some positives. Whatever.

Still starving, eh? :? He wrote that months ago when he did some sale.
It is really sad to see someone who obviously got talent for coding synth physics have such difficulty to make ends meet. And I have no idea how to change that...
i do care about people and struggling indi devs, so even if i struggle myself i try to support them. So i feel it is very sad too for someone so talented.

Me an AQ have butted heads in the past but i am really trying to be positive and just get along with him and i have massive respect for his work. I would not be here pushing if the product wasn't so good.

Anyway, i can use it very easily via ext midi out so it's not the end of the world, and i will have an edge over other reasoners who are too blind to see such a quality synth and just use a workaround.

I would never, or have never, done this for any other product. That must say something.

Maybe he should do a thread titled: "Why I don't buy Poly-Ana" where people give reasons why they have shunned it so far. That might indicate to him whether or not he is addressing the right issues...

Sometimes when one is focused on or even obsessed by something, one develops an unhealthy tunnel view...

He's already stated that the GUI will be updated to a more 2D look in V2, which is really the only thing that has (or would) turn someone off it. I really think that now with updated compatibility, and hopefully soon with a nice clear GUI and V2 relaunch, it should help sales significantly.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:He's already stated that the GUI will be updated to a more 2D look in V2, which is really the only thing that has (or would) turn someone off it. I really think that now with updated compatibility, and hopefully soon with a nice clear GUI and V2 relaunch, it should help sales significantly.
I hope so too...

AdmiralQuality, just tried Poly-Ana for the 1st time through this 1.20 Beta 2.

Hard not to like what I hear :)

Found a cosmetic issue with the GUI keyb getting "stuck notes" while legato-playing.
Just stuck on the GUI. Notes are killed fine voice management-wise :)

btw, I'm also a Reason user and I'm obviously sorry that you feel that way about an SDK that you didn't even peeked into (applying and acceptance is free and usually fairly quick to get).

I won't bother you with more SDK (publicly known) details... :)

Anyway, back to checking this interesting sounding synth.

had a crash after 5 minutes scrolling presets in cubase. Occasionally i would pick one from the drop down list, occasionally with the arrows. After a time it just locked up when choosing a preset and bombed. The crash report is somewhere but i can't re test in cubase now as I have sold cubase and it is gone. However if the repot is useful will send it, and see if it happens in logic.

Return to “Instruments”