Textur soundset for U-he ACE: Now Expanded!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Someone suggested I should cross-post this in here - hope that's OK!

ACE has certainly become one of the very few synths I would buy again if I lost everything in some sort of digitopalypse (?). It's great to know that it's still being maintained by the good folks as u-he and - who knows? - might even get some added bells and whistles in the future. Anyway, here are the details. I think it's a pretty safe bet that I'll add more patches in the future, so grab it now while it's cheap!

Textur is the product of a long period of experimentation. In it you'll find a good number of pads, ranging from bright, ethereal sounds to dark, atonal drones. There are bells, soundscapes, keys and organs, and a smattering of FX, leads and percussion.
  • Now expanded to 80 patches: 37 Pads, 10 FX, 16 Keys, 8 Monos, 9 Shorts.
  • GBP £7.50 (approx. USD $12, EUR €9.50).
  • Free updates if I release more ACE patches.
  • Pay by Paypal, receive patchbank by email within 24 hours (probably much sooner).
  • 4 sample patches for free (zip includes installation instructions).
  • Full list of patches and explanatory notes (PDFs).
  • Buy here!
https://soundcloud.com/coincidental/sets/textur
Last edited by coincidental on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Quick heads up that you can get this on sale for only GBP £5 till the end of June. I'll be adding some more patches soon (free if you've bought it already). Happy Solstice! :party:
Textur for ACE

I haven't attempted any sound design on my newly acquired ACE yet so its sonic potential is still largely unknown...though it can be assumed since it is, after all, a U-He synth.

To me, at least, these sounds were Irresistible!

Thank you, Coincidental. :tu:
바보

bftucker wrote:I haven't attempted any sound design on my newly acquired ACE yet so its sonic potential is still largely unknown...though it can be assumed since it is, after all, a U-He synth.

To me, at least, these sounds were Irresistible!

Thank you, Coincidental. :tu:
You're very welcome - hope you enjoy them!

It's hard to make a bad sound with ACE - there's a lot of character in there. Get patching!
Textur for ACE

Your demos are really nice. I notice some Boards of Canada similarity. Would you mind making them downloadable or downloadable as part of the purchase?

I'm so glad you like them! I'm not that familiar with Boards of Canada, but I know enough to be flattered by the comparison. :oops: They're not very produced, just improvisations slightly tidied up, but I do enjoy doing them. I'll have to check out the original files - I have a feeling that what was uploaded to Soundcloud was a variety of bit depths and formats, so I'll have a look at them tomorrow and see what can be done to make them available in a useful way.
Textur for ACE

OK, I've standardised the files and set them for download on Soundcloud, though please note they are WAVs and 10-25MB each. If I get round to it I'll put them on Bandcamp, which I think is more convenient. In the meantime, enjoy! :tu:
Textur for ACE

Thank you. I plan on buying the soundest too.

I concur about the demo songs - really liked them, as they were unique compared to a lot of demo songs... Bought the soundset on the strength of them, plus the sale price :-)

srcodling wrote:I concur about the demo songs - really liked them, as they were unique compared to a lot of demo songs... Bought the soundset on the strength of them, plus the sale price :-)
Thanks a lot! Hope you enjoy them. I try to make patches that are gratifying to play on a keyboard (or whatever controller you use - these days I use a guitar more and more). Go make some noise with them!
Textur for ACE

Quick bump to mention that this soundset has been expanded to 80 patches. Existing owners should have received an email with the new patches - no charge!

As the soundset is larger, the price should go up a bit, but I'm very slack about this sort of thing, so I doubt I'll get round to it for a little while. Enjoy the cheaper price while I doze in the sun! With luck it'll stay fine into October... :)

When I next have a spare moment I'll make a new demo or two using the new patches. They're in the same vein as the original ones, put perhaps a little more dusty and distorted. :wink:
Textur for ACE

And finally... a couple more demos, one featuring just one patch (and a little reverb):
https://soundcloud.com/coincidental/crisp-channels
and one featuring two patches, with a nod to 1950s/radiophonic pioneers:
https://soundcloud.com/coincidental/tes ... e-wireless
Free updates if I release any more ACE patches in the future, though I may divert my energies to Bazille in the short term...
Textur for ACE

Just had a listen to the audio demos... seems like top notch patches! :tu:

Return to “u-he”