GForce VSM on sale--Your thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:I can't see it.
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products
Thanks but i already found this but where's the promo beside the GForce shop? I mean the even don't mention it on their site under "News" or whatever. You must exactly go to the GShop. Thats no promotion in my eyes.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

If it makes anyone feel better, I dug around and found that they had Imposcar 2 at 30% off in March, instead of 50% off.

It was at that point that GForce said (approximately) "there will be regular, unannounced discounts like this in future that will only be advertised on their site."

Here's where I posted that in the Bargain Center:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p5679847

No, I don't really understand the need to seemingly "keep it under wraps" either, but it is what it is.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsp1979 wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I dug around and found that they had Imposcar 2 at 30% off in March, instead of 50% off.
Not really :D

You never know. 20% might make all the difference. ;)

Perhaps it worth emailing Gforce saying you missed the sale on Imposcar. Maybe if enough do it, they'll bring it back around again.

jsp1979 wrote:Perhaps it worth emailing Gforce saying you missed the sale on Imposcar.
They probably down the pub already, it's Friday after all

I got UVI String Machines (with UVI Digital Synsations included) for just $39,2 from JRR shop back in July.

Sorry GForce, you can't beat that 8)

They have a very low volume mailing list which includes these deals when they come up.

lnikj wrote:They have a very low volume mailing list which includes these deals when they come up.
Could be the mailing list is those that already bought GForce software, in case they want to add a duplicate licence :hihi:

bharris22 wrote:I don't remember that either :(.
Nor do I :(. Are you certain it was for Imposcar2?
Oh, and yes, VSM is gorgeous ;)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:
Yes, above, I just posted the link that shows that I personally posted to the Bargain Thread back in March announcing the sale.

My only correction is that it was 30% off instead of 50% off.

jsp1979 wrote:
vic_france wrote:
Yes, above, I just posted the link that shows that I personally posted to the Bargain Thread back in March announcing the sale.

My only correction is that it was 30% off instead of 50% off.
Ah, thanks :)
I hope it comes around again though (though I'll probably not notice it until too late even then :P )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

if you´re into real stringmachines, VSM is horrible - IMO. the samples are really low quality, ontop of that some strings labelled as whatever stringmachine don´t even remotely sound like the hardware (f.e. the rs202). the phaser is a slap in your face, as it´s actually not a phaser at all...
there was an akai sampling cd called "xxlarge string machines", which i still own. forgetting for a moment that samples can _never_ serve the sound of real stringmachines due to technical reasons, this collection was as close as one could get with samples. maybe someone sells it used, you might want to google that.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Acid Mitch wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.
GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!
DAM, wish I hadn't missed that.
I don't recall seeing that either.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
Gribs wrote:I wish Imposcar 2 would go on sale. Oh well.
GForce had it 50% off a month or so ago. They've been going one by one through their products offering 50% off.

I *love* Imposcar2. One of my favorites!
DAM, wish I hadn't missed that.
I don't recall seeing that either.
Just to make it clear again...it was a 30% off sale, instead of 50%.

Again, send some emails to Gforce and tell them you missed it. Maybe they'll bring it back.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

brok landers wrote:if you´re into real stringmachines, VSM is horrible - IMO. the samples are really low quality, ontop of that some strings labelled as whatever stringmachine don´t even remotely sound like the hardware (f.e. the rs202). the phaser is a slap in your face, as it´s actually not a phaser at all...
there was an akai sampling cd called "xxlarge string machines", which i still own. forgetting for a moment that samples can _never_ serve the sound of real stringmachines due to technical reasons, this collection was as close as one could get with samples. maybe someone sells it used, you might want to google that.
Thanks for the comments, brok landers. I'll try to find the samples you mentioned.

Earlier in the thread Loomer String was mentioned which I had completely forgotten about. I'll give that demo a whirl and it might actually be a better fit for me (and at a lower price).

Return to “Instruments”