Studio One 3?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I bet you since they have seen lots of performance complaint especially on mac they will finally release it with a hybrid buffer.

There are a lot of brilliant DAW's out there now for real, Logic X, Cubase 7, PT11, S1 and yes, Reason.... we really have a lot of amazing choice these days! We are spoiled!

Yep .... Can't blame the tools ..

Watch me :troll:

hibidy wrote:Watch me :troll:
Last thing I do is blame the tools ....I'll blame my job home life wife depression crowded house no space myself before I blame the tools ....hahaha but go ahead now !!!! :clap:

haha!

I wouldn't hold my breath. They (all developers) always make BIG promises, best ever, first ever, worlds first blah blah blah.
Most big announcements from V2 I hardly use or don't use at all (like folder tracks). Melodyne's implementation is very poor in my opinion. I always hesitate to use it. It's very slow and the results are rather disappointing (of course that's because of Melodyne, not S1). Sometimes I can't be sure whether its still loaded or not and sometimes you can't unload it at all.

When I think about it, I probably still use everything what was in V1. I realise that most users of S1 are using it for audio features, I only use S1 as midi VSTi/vst DAW, hardly ever record anything except the odd vocal or guitar.

After 5 years S1 still can't handle multi VSTi's (without random channel/tracks movements) so I have to use all my Kontakt instances as single instances. I raised this issue many times on this and other forums so please don't ask me to go into this again. I won't and other users have confirmed this too.

All that aside, let's hope V3 will be nice and that it will be released in this millennium. :)
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

Guido Negraszus wrote:All that aside, let's hope V3 will be nice and that it will be released in this millennium. :)
I wouldn't hold my breath. They (all developers) always make BIG promises, best ever, first ever, worlds first blah blah blah.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

I agree about the track order thing, could be much better.

Anyway, just to satisfy my own curiosity, what big promises did they make? I've been on board from version 1 and I don't recall them promising anything ever. Not saying they haven't, more just saying if they actually did I completely missed it. :hihi:

They seem to have always been somewhat notorious about not talking in public about features until they show up.

What big things did they promise and when? Thanks.

Sorry, what I meant was that all developers make it sound like this or that never existed before. Like when they launched V2 they said first DAW ever with Melodyne integrated like this is the most important thing ever. Melodyne already existed and has plenty of users. Yes, first DAW to have it implemented but what does it really matter? You can't re-invent the wheel. DAW's are as mature as they will ever get.Then they had the folder tracks which I can't even use because of the multi-VST issue. In fact, folder tracks made my life even worse because now tracks would randomly move from one folder to another. I don't recall reading that in the announcement. But maybe I got it all wrong, maybe this is a feature? First DAW ever where tracks and mixer channels position themselves where ever they like. :) As a previous Cubase and Logic user I know it is possible that tracks and mixer channels don't have to move around your project but for whatever reason they haven't addressed this issue even though it was right from the start. They never even responded to my issue.
DAW: Studio One 4.5.3 Professional, Win7 x64, i7 5930K @ 3.5Ghz, VE PRO
Audio: RME ADI-2 PRO, Presonus Studio 1824
Midi: Studiologic Numa Compact, Faderport, S1 RC,
Sounds: Omnisphere, Zebra, Komplete12U, Lexicon, Fabfilter, Soundtoys, Breeze, Waves

I'd like to see a real spare tire. I don't want it if the new one has one of those temporary tires :uhuhuh:

Melodyne already existed and has plenty of users. Yes, first DAW to have it implemented but what does it really matter?
Melodyne works like a dream in Studio One.
It is a big improvement in comparison as how you have to use it most other DAWs.

Do you have the latest S1 version installed?
They improved quite a bit throughout the 2.x.x updates on the Melodyne integration, so make sure to have both S1 and Melodyne completely up to date.

I 100% agree on the issue with tracks moving around in arrange and the mixer, though.
This is one of the most annoying things in S1 for me - I could live with the other shortcomings easily.
But this can be so annoying that at some points I do think about using an other DAW for mixing only.
But I really would prefer just using one DAW.

Guido Negraszus wrote:Sorry, what I meant was that all developers make it sound like this or that never existed before. Like when they launched V2 they said first DAW ever with Melodyne integrated like this is the most important thing ever.
I wasn't criticizing your comments, only asking. I don't know everything so I thought maybe they did promise something big, if two people here said so. That now appears to not be the case. Thanks.
Melodyne already existed and has plenty of users. Yes, first DAW to have it implemented but what does it really matter? You can't re-invent the wheel.
That's actually not re-inventing the wheel, it's making a better wheel. Melodyne ARA does things workflow wise that you actually can't do with the standalone plugin. And it wasn't just about first implementation, it was also about them collaborating with another company to create something of benefit to everyone.

It's really not just the same wheel, it's an extension of VST with extended communication between the host and the plugin. Of course the huge part is not having to real time stream data into it every time you want to use it... which is a big deal... 4 minutes to stream in a vocal track as opposed to 10 seconds? If it wasn't new tech it wouldn't need a new API.

There is certainly a lot of unsupported hype in tech, but ARA wasn't an example of that, imo.

Anyway, a lot of this kind of stuff seems to be users "projecting" negativity onto various companies, not always what actually happened.

I am hoping for an early Christmas :hyper:

So I have just tried the Demo of this DAW out and all I have to say this is one amazing piece of software. Things I think studio one could benefit from in a future version (Correct me if they already exist)

-Midi Plug-ins Arpeggiator, Chord Memorizer, Modulator (Look at logic x)
- Multi-Out Vsts: I want to route directly to an audio track, not from an instruments aux track to an audio track, I dont want 32 channels in my mixer when im only using 16 (this could be integrated, I just haven't found a way even through google)
- A Hardware Instrument version of Pipeline (again, this could already be there. I couldnt find it)

I wouldn't know what else to ask for. Very thankful to have stumbled into S1 I have never even heard of it until recently. I've used PT, Logic, Ableton, and even bitwig, but I finally think I found the one with S1
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

You can hide mixer channels and tracks you don't want to see FYI
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”