lilformed Glitch 2 and Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

During my early experimentations with Bitwig i have encountered a very annoying little thing when im trying to use one of my favourite vst-s - Glitch 2 - on instrument or hybrid tracks. It seems that Glitch's own little sequencer gets automated by the midi data which is on the track in bitwig. In other daws the Glitch sequencer would just go on by its own, synced to the host of course, but not triggered by midi data, until you don't link midi data to it specifically. The only workaround i found was to route the whole track with the midi data to an effect track, and use Glitch on the effect track only. This way the midi data was not routed to Glitch, but this would be verry annoying to do, with every instance of Glitch i want to use, and it would also make me have a lot more tracks in my mixer, than necessary.

Am i missing something?

No you are not missing anything. Bws doest have vst in/out yet :( its a planned update. I dont use my beloved glitch 2 much anymore plis many other vsts.

Just insert a note filter device in your plugin chain right in front of Glitch and set it in a way that it blocks all MIDI notes from going through, that should solve it.

Oh thats a good idea, thanks for the answers guys!

that is a good idea!
will give that a try.

Return to “Bitwig”