Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Holy moly!!! Steve, this is absolutely astonishing. I knew it would be great like your other plugins but this is really outstanding. Loving it. Congratulations for this piece of art, you can be proud of this.

Also hoping for a soundbank from Aiyn Zahev. :)

Filter DSP by Cytomic :hyper:
Quick test preset... mp3

*edit
Later confirmed in thread by Andy that Serum filter DSP is based on Vellocet code (prior to Cytomic).
Last edited by db3 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheKid wrote:Holy moly!!! Steve, this is absolutely astonishing. I knew it would be great like your other plugins but this is really outstanding. Loving it. Congratulations for this piece of art, you can be proud of this.

Also hoping for a soundbank from Aiyn Zahev. :)
Iiiiiiiiinnnnnn for AZ soundbank....

Also @db3, what do you mean? You ran Serum through Cytomic's The Drop or that Cytomic had a hand in developing the filter DSP code for Serum?

Hez wrote:Also @db3, what do you mean? You ran Serum through Cytomic's The Drop or that Cytomic had a hand in developing the filter DSP code for Serum?
The credits list who had a hand in Serum dev....and yep Andy did the filter DSP :)

*edit
Later confirmed in thread by Andy that Serum filter DSP is based on Vellocet code (prior to Cytomic).
Last edited by db3 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

db3 wrote:
Hez wrote:Also @db3, what do you mean? You ran Serum through Cytomic's The Drop or that Cytomic had a hand in developing the filter DSP code for Serum?
The credits list who had a hand in Serum dev....and yep Andy did the filter DSP :)
Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 13.08.25.png
That just sold another license. :)

Been playing with it since last night. Absolutely incredible-sounding synth.

-Sam

db3 wrote:
Oh DANG! I couldn't tell whether the filters sounded incredible or I just got lucky with my patching earlier - guessing I've got Andy to thank there! Another license sold for sure...

This has me interested. GUI looks fantastic, very clean.
no sig

db3 wrote:
It's like a supergroup for VST devs.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Demoed and still demoing. I am for the most part a preset player.
I love love love the GUI interface. To be honest, presets in most of the preset categories are ok but nothing that I don't already have in my sound pallet from other synths.
What, however really are exciting me are those in the Sequences bank, some really nice stuff in this bank. Still deciding whether I should buy it based solely on the strengths of this bank and GUI.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

currently demoing this one, sound's great, the layout's easy to understand, have built a couple timbres on there, gotta finish the manual, mos def a future buy :phones:

without a doubt, this is the most impressive synth to come out in years, at least for the stuff that I like.

diggin' it :D

billcarroll wrote:It's alive!

Hope you like this preset :hihi: :D

One of my favorites... Serum is really a monster - a great monster. Next to Spire surely one of the few top synths for the next years. Can`t wait to make a soundset for Serum :phones: :)

https://soundcloud.com/ryunocore/lerum-demo-2
Another demo, this time with just Serum (previous one had Massive as the Basslines). This is a fantastic product and I'll be buying my license soon. Great job!

thatguyfroma wrote:https://soundcloud.com/ryunocore/lerum-demo-2
Another demo, this time with just Serum (previous one had Massive as the Basslines). This is a fantastic product and I'll be buying my license soon. Great job!

really nice sounding.
thanks for sharing.
rsp
sound sculptist

Hi,

the synth seems to be great indeed, ia m curently testing the demo version in Windows 7 64-bit. I just checked the AAX Plugin in Pro Tools 11 and it seems to work properly.

As someone who loves wavetable synthesis and someone who owns a bunch of wavetable synths it is nice to see that besides the "classic" wavetable synth companies (e.g. Waldorf with several soft-/hardware synths and PPG with e.g. the WaveGenerator plugin) there are more and more nice wavetable synths from different companies/developers.
IMO one of the most important features of a wavetable synth is the quality of the included wavetables. Creating your own wavetables is not always a simple task, especially if you want to create an interesting wavetable sweep.
I have not checked all wavetables in Serum yet but will try to do ASAP.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”