Jean Michelle Jarre sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Keep twiddling the "knobs" ;)

fluffy_little_something wrote:When emulating those patches one also has to consider the fact that nobody really knows the parameter settings Jarre used for any given sound.
No?
:D

Hehe :)
I don't know which sound it is, nor do I see the settings of all the knobs on the left side. What synth is that in the first place? I can't read it...

Rocky Mountain Instruments RMI Harmonic Synth (Very rare these days). He used this on Oxy 4 2nd lead. (I think - certain I'll be put right if I'm wrong) ;)

I heard of Michelle Obama or Michelle Hunziker but Jean Michelle Jarre? :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

fartybreath wrote: He used this on Oxy 4 2nd lead. (I think - certain I'll be put right if I'm wrong) ;)
correct, the famous Oxy 4 chorus sound.

Chris-S wrote:
fartybreath wrote: He used this on Oxy 4 2nd lead. (I think - certain I'll be put right if I'm wrong) ;)
correct, the famous Oxy 4 chorus sound.
but the extreme flangy chorus is actually done by the electric misstress...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

See the settings for yourself. :D

http://abload.de/img/3030e5126189dcebfzasq.jpg

Yes I know. RMI is 10%, misstress is 90%. :)

[quote="brok landers"][quote="Chris-S"][quote="fartybreath"] He used this on Oxy 4 2nd lead. (I think - certain I'll be put right if I'm wrong) ;)[/quote]correct, the famous Oxy 4 chorus sound.[/quote]
but the extreme flangy chorus is actually done by the electric misstress...[/quote]

Thanks for the revelation brok & Chris S, I have been working on the flangy chorus emulation for about four years now with limited success and had no idea that JMJ used electric mistress. I already have IK Multimedia Amplitude 3 which mimics this effect. Big thanks! :hyper:
Last edited by fartybreath on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michelle my belle, these are words that go together well, my Michelle

That sounds swell :P

Jean Michelle Jarre = Tres bien ensemble :D

Michelle: a famous song from the Beatles
Jean Michel Jarre: a famous french musician

(sorry I could resist to correct)

Cheers.

CMT wrote:Jean Michel Jarre: a famous french musician.
So that's his real name? :o

Return to “Instruments”