Doepfer MS-404 now available as plugin!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vier

MillerSam wrote:Part I of the Sound Review of VIER is online
Thanks in advance for watching ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS5rBmq ... e=youtu.be
Thank you very much for that, MillerSam.

We've also uploaded some more demos by Joseph Turner from Malky. Enjoy.
https://soundcloud.com/eisenbergaudio/s ... ound-demos
We do the Math - You do the Music!

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Although this review only comes in German it might be helpful for some of you (e.g. German speaking members :D ) as it is very well written and goes pretty deep into the analysis of VIER:

http://www.buenasideas.de/test/musikpro ... sind-vier/

mysticvibes wrote:won't let me install 32 bit on 64bit os? I run 32 bit daw, first time seeing a message like this..won't install..
according to whats been said about the sound...pass it up.

i run 32bit DAW also, so i'm not even goingto bother. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: according to whats been said above about it...pass it up.

i run 32bit DAW also, so i'm not even goingto bother. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi layzer,

Sorry that we didn't make that clear at first hand. We now have added a note on the website. The installer is OS dependent not DAW dependent.

• Users of 32bit Windows please install the 32bit version.

Users of 64bit Windows please install the 64bit version INCLUDING(!) the 32bit plugins for 32bit DAWs.

Thanks
Gunnar

I've got to choose between this four (vier is german for four) or virtual cz,
which is hard because i won't make much money, and this is a cool looking
plugin, now if only someone like eisenberg can make a Doepfer A-100 eurorack
modular emulation, that would be great, but the virtualcz is tempting but
this vier is cooler, i wish vier worked on windows xp, i am forced to use
windows 7 because i broke my pc tower so i might have to use windows 7
only which is this laptop. does anyone know if the x86 version works on
windows xp? my audio interface only works with win xp, a tascam us-122.

syntheticillusion wrote:does anyone know if the x86 version works on
windows xp?
Hi syntheticillusion,
We cannot provide official support for XP as Microsoft themselves have stopped supporting it. Nevertheless several people have reported that Vier works perfectly on XP. Best would be to download the trial version and check your DAW and personal settings.
Best
Gunnar

Got the latest Beat Mag today.

They like Vier, give it a one page review, rate it 6 out of 6 and also "Empfehlung der Redaktion" award. Congrats :)

Numanoid wrote:Got the latest Beat Mag today.

They like Vier, give it a one page review, rate it 6 out of 6 and also "Empfehlung der Redaktion" award. Congrats :)
Thank you very much Numanoid.
We'll also put on a new video soon showing especially the corona and linking feature together. Those are two powerful tools, which by now haven't been discovered by many users.

Installed demo fine on Win8.1prox64 using 64 demo/trial installer no issues.
Ran in standalone only and uninstalled.
Not my cuppa Jo'

I can see what it's doin but I am not getting any kick out of this one sorry chaps, maybe a personal taste.

To be honest I got to say for the money (even on intro price), I think you've got it wrong.

There's a lot of strong competition in established choice at that price point and this, for me, doesn't drop into it. Maybe as it evolves will pop back.

First impressions GUI is very basic, reminded me of a lot of the intial synthedit releases back in the day.

Presets, nothing inspiring my favourite which go tme playing abit (I cant recall the threeffiveseven) I think, I can see this being used with some added compression, delay and verb. Edit lol just watched the video Part II...ThreeSevenNine patch :)

Sounds, well like I said I found one preset I liked, but there is nothing awe inspiring, gut wrenching or hitting that sweet spot.

I certainly could get anything close to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... i-oKTBzpJ8

If I could here that sound at 2:53 and 4:09 plus a lot of others after I would be slinging you my cash before I'd even think about it.

I can not see how a 6/6 review is anywhere justified, which drove me to demo despite my initial gut reaction. In comparisson to the hardware unit.

Like I say this is personal to my taste, when I first download I go straight through a majority of presets, tweak and play. If I hit something inspirational and smile or feel a vibe I buy. This didn't really hit any spots.
Some of the presets alternated between sound and noise (ie mod 1 bass, mod2 noise and so on). Not sure what the point of that is, at first I thought it was a demo restriction maybe? Not sure.

Maybe at half the intro price would be more appropriate, straight away the price point I think u-he ACE/Bazille (I know it's not strictly the same but look at what you get for the money). But you got to look at your competition. Put these in the same project as this and immediately you will see where I am coming from as a consumer. Also consider other plugins, listen to Cytomics The Drop, hear what you get for your money (yes I know it's still in Beta), but damn Andy has that product bang on and the sound is amazing...again price point and consumer expectations, (I know it's not a vsti, however again you got to draw comparissons on what these products claim and do emulate and then look at the price).

On a plus, it's great fun, nice to have the inetrlinked control gui feature and maybe I have not spent enough time.

Hope you do well, I think it needs work to justify the price...better filters and built in effects. More work on the GUI and navigation. Maybe as people get into programming more and presets/product development. However, you may have sold several 100 as I type so I'll duck the tomatoe slinging and egg on my face :) But

Not trying to dump on it as I appreciate work, time, effort and enthusiasm goes into any release but this needs more work and consideration. I feel...nothing to be blown away by but remember, maybe it's not my cuppa tea and sure others will be all over this :( It's a tough field out there for anyone. But when there's emulation claimed, instantly I will compare to the original hardware sound, vibe and depth...this is sounding more onion and apples, than oranges.
Last edited by MFXxx on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm totally with you, MFXxx. Although Vier is big step up, coming from Einklang but 69 € as intro price is pretty steep. Compared with the intro offer on Serum (about 100 €) I pay additional 30€ more for a really huge beast or a little less for Bazille.

I really hope Eisenberg Audio will grow, gain more and more experience and create some great instruments in the future. The direction is right, the price strategy can be optimized a bit. :)

Eisnberg Vier LE will ship with the new Beat Mag

Wonder what the restrictions are, maybe it really should be called is Eisenberg Zwei ?

Got the mag now, unfortunately the restrictions of Vier LE is pretty heavy:

-No preset browser, and no preset manager
-Only two instead of four MS-404 units
-AR-envelope instead of a full ADSR envelope
-the famous two audio range LFOs are missing

No preset manager? Not very ideal for convenient saving of the sounds you tweak for future use.

CPU cravings is also huge.

This LE version is more or less unusable as a showcase for Vier :(
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sry but Eisenberg still doesnt convince me, lacks fullness, lacks in every way!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:sry but Eisenberg still doesnt convince me, lacks fullness, lacks in every way!
1+

I even cancelled my Beat subscription because i don't need gimmick reviews (looks like they got money for it?).
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Instruments”