Roland D-50 Emulations???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote:Or get one and sample it :wink:
Exactly, that is what I understand from reading this thread.

As long as you own one (or have access to one) you can sample it as much as you want for use in music, but you can't sell the samples on as sample libraries.

ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:zero, the D50 is a dated rompler with shit filters.
So your reason for participating in this thread is?
Because I want to, I believe that's all that is necessary. Unless I'm mistaken and today is your turn to be king of the world.
Oh well. Emulation threads, especially Roland ones, seem to end like this.

Which reminds me...why am I here? :cry: :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Groove Synth in Sonar has official 909 samples! :D

arkmabat wrote:Groove Synth in Sonar has official 909 samples! :D
Well, now that's something to write home about, hold on, let me get my quill.

But like, they're actually endorsed by Roland...

Meanwhile Turello...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Numanoid wrote:
fmr wrote:Or get one and sample it :wink:
Exactly, that is what I understand from reading this thread.

As long as you own one (or have access to one) you can sample it as much as you want for use in music, but you can't sell the samples on as sample libraries.
That's the point. But I think a lot of people weren't aware of this.
Fernando (FMR)

Turello wrote:Meanwhile Turello...
Turello can get Vintage (not that expensive), get a collection of samples like the ones that are in the ROM of D-50 (it's not that hard), and get the hands dirty :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I can wait... I can wait... I can wait..!

(cit. Renfield by "Dracula")

Numanoid wrote:If Roland were to release a D50 plugin emulation.

How much would you be prepared to pay for it?
If it comes with dongles or e-licenses, 0€ (I have the original D-50 hardware lying in the loft). 69€-99€ if coming with serial number or similar, then I can sell my D-50 (hardware) for the same price to some gears feticists (I remember at the time I paid it 2,480,000 italian lire, which is about 1250 €).

Oh, by the way Ghettosynth is not that wrong, the D50 is a dated rompler with rather shitty filters. This could be its "plastic sounding charm", though. Typical shitty 80s crap-pop sound.

mhog wrote:
Numanoid wrote:If Roland were to release a D50 plugin emulation.

How much would you be prepared to pay for it?
If it comes with dongles or e-licenses, 0€ (I have the original D-50 hardware lying in the loft). 69€-99€ if coming with serial number or similar, then I can sell my D-50 (hardware) for the same price to some gears feticists (I remember at the time I paid it 2,480,000 italian lire, which is about 1250 €).

Oh, by the way Ghettosynth is not that wrong, the D50 is a dated rompler with rather shitty filters. This could be its "plastic sounding charm", though. Typical shitty 80s crap-pop sound.
Basically that is so. I sold mine after as couple of months. :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

mhog wrote:If it comes with dongles or e-licenses, 0€ (I have the original D-50 hardware lying in the loft). 69€-99€ if coming with serial number or similar, then I can sell my D-50 (hardware) for the same price to some gears feticists (I remember at the time I paid it 2,480,000 italian lire, which is about 1250 €).
I think the top price I would be prepared to pay would be something like $69

As there is already stuff like Deepflight around, that costs just €22, I wont pay much more for an emu

Numanoid wrote:
mhog wrote:If it comes with dongles or e-licenses, 0€ (I have the original D-50 hardware lying in the loft). 69€-99€ if coming with serial number or similar, then I can sell my D-50 (hardware) for the same price to some gears feticists (I remember at the time I paid it 2,480,000 italian lire, which is about 1250 €).
I think the top price I would be prepared to pay would be something like $69

As there is already stuff like Deepflight around, that costs just €22, I wont pay much more for an emu
It depends. If Roland launched it strictly as the D-50 was, I agree. But if they launched it with option goodies, like the option to use better (modern) effects, an expanded ROM (for example, with all the sound expansions Roland released over time, as Korg did with the M1), and perhaps better filters (like for example an emulation of the Jupiter/Juno analogue filter), then I think they could raise it up to a little more than 100,00 (maybe the 129,00 that seems to become a kind of standard for new synths on pre-launch).

But considering they are asking 129,00 for a ridiculous monophonic emulation of an SH-2, without any addtion, this is just dreaming.
Fernando (FMR)

arkmabat wrote:Groove Synth in Sonar has official 909 samples! :D
I haven't checked out Groove Synth for a while, and so I looked at some of the presets. One in the Soft Lead section is called D-50 Saw. There's another called Fantasia, under the "Other Synth" category.

A few others have JP8 in the name. Some others seem to be Oberheim related, as a few have "OB" in the name, such as the "OB Str. Pad". They don't sound bad actually, maybe a little noisy, but whatever. I threw on a little reverb and delay, and it's all set.

Wait, there's d50 stuff in there? *leaves to startup sonar*

Return to “Instruments”