Cubase 7.5 stock reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:No, I know the dev myself, 100 % Steinberg.
No shit! Well, great job, Steinberg! Amazing reverb.

REVelation & RERerence Are good. they should ship more IR for reverence.

and they should hire Waldorf to update the A1 filter &osc

I even prefer the cubase vintage compressor overy the ni vc76

AstralExistence wrote:
standalone wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:they don't. not even a real comparison. the cubase algorithmic reverbs are based on the free smart electronix ambiance. the new reverb is also ambiance with some added code.
AstralExistence wrote: i have nothing against cubase i myself just rebought elements 7.
Elements 7 doesn't include REVerence, REVelation or Roomworks, only Roomworks SE that is a lo-fi version of Roomworks. You simply don't know what you are talking about and I'm personally sick and tired of you trying to pass your prejudices as opinions all along this forum.
yep :shrug:

i never said i only owned elements.
that makes it even more clear.. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

humpo72 wrote:How do these stack up against 3rd party reverbs? are they highly thought of or dont really cut it?

just interested to know what the general consensus is.

If you had to get by with ONLY those reverbs, you would be fine.

valerian_777 wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
standalone wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:they don't. not even a real comparison. the cubase algorithmic reverbs are based on the free smart electronix ambiance. the new reverb is also ambiance with some added code.
AstralExistence wrote: i have nothing against cubase i myself just rebought elements 7.
Elements 7 doesn't include REVerence, REVelation or Roomworks, only Roomworks SE that is a lo-fi version of Roomworks. You simply don't know what you are talking about and I'm personally sick and tired of you trying to pass your prejudices as opinions all along this forum.
yep :shrug:

i never said i only owned elements.
that makes it even more clear.. :lol:
I also collect Cubase licenses, I prefer it better than buying food and clothes.

Anyway, the OP asked for a general consensus and I think it's clear that almost everyone who tried Cubase reverbs like them.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

EsmileZ wrote:and they should hire Waldorf to update the A1 filter &osc
A1 isn't included in Cubase 7/7.5 anymore...

sorry mate but there is a reverb in it called revelation, which i will flat out say is as good as 95% of third party plug in verbs out there, very lexiconish, and just damn good. Between that and the included IR reverb, reverence, you can actually completely get by with just the two included verbs in cubase now without ANY 3rd party ones (unless you want a reverse verb as well, and the only good one is breverb for that).

I know that a1 is not part of cubase anymore.i know I bought every cubase since sx 3. back then cubase was 799€ new...

and a few years before model e was soooo analog !!!

let s get back on topic.

budweiser wrote:
BERFAB wrote: @budweiser: I never heard Roomworks referred to as a "3D" reverb and I'm not sure what that is. I never really cared for it, but perhaps I've been using it wrong? What does one do differently with a 3D 'verb?
Well, i'm talking about moving a sound forward or backward in the mix, with ease, without adding too much (or at all) tail. Theorically every reverb can achieve that, but i've found it's far to be the case
I'm very interested in 'back to front' but the only think I know about this thing is 'positioning' and 'balance', only available in surround.

FTR, I tried it when I first got Cubase 5, didn't like it. Don't feel strongly about it though. I hate the GUI of Cubase effects, but I didn't get on with this in any way really.
I use VSL Hybrid Reverb, I'm set for life. I use a couple special things like Softube Metal Room which do something magical for me right away but Hybrid is it for me.
But that's my taste, you may wind up with some consensus in favor here, like people generally love Lexicon and '80's, while it isn't a biggie for me.

Return to “Effects”