LinPlug MorphoX and CrX4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I wanted to ask the users of these two synths how they like them.

I currently have Albino 3 which is a great synth, but is more on the mellow side. So I wanted to know which one would a better compliment to Albino 3. I really want to support this developer so please don't recommend anything else.

I'm really a synth noob so "Octopus" being FM I think would be too complicated for me, and "Spectral" for the same reason, though I REALLY like its sound. I like that "MorphoX" has more bite to its sound, and I like CrX4, it sounds good, but it seems to excel in pads, and weird sound, and I have that covered with Albino, but more opinions would be welcome! :)

they are both very good, the spectral especially, a lot of power under the hood there.
i agree about albino, it's too polished a sound for my ears like all of the rob papen plugs, but i still use albino from time to time, usually to sort-of balance out the sounds in an arrangment, good arps and mods etc...
i also would recommend Tyrrel by Uhe, it's free and you can get some mighty sounds from it. i use it on every track right now, it has a slightly volatile ( i.e. analog-like) sound.. a bit of weight and a bit of grit - sorted : )

don't know about CRX4 but i love love love CronoX3 for its huge library of sounds and the
"spread" unison feature of its oscillators for thick moving pads
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I'm starting to lean more toward CrX4 because it takes samples, and can do wavetables. I can't see myself using the morph function a lot in MorphoX which seem to be the point of the synth. hmm...

oh! inkwarp thanks for recommending Tyrell. It sounds great

Iris. A wrote:I'm starting to lean more toward CrX4 because it takes samples, and can do wavetables. I can't see myself using the morph function a lot in MorphoX which seem to be the point of the synth. hmm...

oh! inkwarp thanks for recommending Tyrell. It sounds great
yeah, CRX3 also takes samples and that when combined with the unison spread ocsillators some great pads are possible. linplug actually made a twin VST called Sophistry that was labeled an "ambient synthesizer" i just got X3 because it can read Sophistry's sound banks. i might look into upgrading to CRX4 after i demo it :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This doesn't seem to be a popular synth. :(

I know CrX4 is good for pads, but what about as a general VA?

Anyone want to chime in on MorphoX?

Iris. A wrote:This doesn't seem to be a popular synth. :(

I know CrX4 is good for pads, but what about as a general VA?

Anyone want to chime in on MorphoX?
MorphoX is great for pads, I have been surprised its not more popular, I have used it quite a bit and really like the sound.

Both synths offer something special in both design and sound.

The company also has great support and continues to release great products.

I've got all of LinPlugs, but Morphox and Crx4 are the one I use the least. They do sound good. But as compliment to Albino I'd still go for Spectral or Octopus. Only with these two you'll get a different sound. Or finally you should spend your money on another developer, if you really need something else.

Morphox and Crx are for my taste just too close to Albino. And Albinos workflow I know and find it easy and simple, but can still get very complex.

However, that all really depends on what kind of music you're making ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:I've got all of LinPlugs, but Morphox and Crx4 are the one I use the least. They do sound good. But as compliment to Albino I'd still go for Spectral or Octopus. Only with these two you'll get a different sound. Or finally you should spend your money on another developer, if you really need something else.

Morphox and Crx are for my taste just too close to Albino. And Albinos workflow I know and find it easy and simple, but can still get very complex.

However, that all really depends on what kind of music you're making ;)
Thanks for the advice, I think your right most say that morphox and crx4 excel with pads, but I already have that covered with albino 3.

Hmm so spectral or octopus, I do need an FM synth, and guess I could buy something else for a wavetable synth.

Blue2 is also recommended ;)

Nevertheless, if you're looking for nasty screaming dirty sounds, I wouldn't recommend Linplug. For my taste, it's just not their field of sounds. Again, of course, YMMV and it highly depends on your style of music.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Instruments”