Aphex Twin - Syro

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't get it, Syro gets a one page review in a Norwegian tabloid paper :o

How awesome is the secret reach of Mr. James? :hail:

Mythology has a definite effect on people's perceptions of music.

If Daft Punk didn't wear those masks their music probably wouldn't be taken so seriously. Remember "stupid big beat"?

I think Syro is groovy and beautiful in equal measure. Lovely album, just what I would have wanted from AFX in 2014.

Someone said 'drivel'? That's some f**king huge brass neck right there.

bailees7irish wrote: ...Millions of people worship each and every fart the man makes...
This made me laugh more than it should have.

I've actually never listened to Aphex Twins, but I've been told on a couple of occasions my music is reminiscent of them. I feel like it should be my due calling to check them out, but :shrug:

^ I wouldn't bother to check them out, they're probably not much different from most other EDM bands. Their guitarist is crap too.

samsam wrote:^ I wouldn't bother to check them out, they're probably not much different from most other EDM bands. Their guitarist is crap too.
Eh, I'll probably get around to....eeeeeevvvveeeeentually?
Maybe that's what makes my music reminiscent :lol: Cause I'm a shit guitarist and yet I still record my horrible guitar playing. Can't play the lick? f**k it. Record one note at a time and just fix it in my DAW.
As far as I can understand based on what I read from this thread is that they at least put some soul into their music. If it's still typical, samey EDM, at least there is heart in it. But, I'm defending something I don't even know, so, I probably have no firm ground to stand on here.

samsam wrote:^ I wouldn't bother to check them out, they're probably not much different from most other EDM bands. Their guitarist is crap too.
:?

We are talking about Aphex Twin - a single man artist. No band, no guitarist and alike..

You're wrong - he's married ;-)

Syro arrived in the post yesterday. It's a pretty amazing piece of work - so many brilliant sounds - it's wonderful how him (and team?) bring it all together.

The packaging of the CD is completely OTT - really made me laugh. Cartoon humour :D

samsam wrote:You're wrong - he's married ;-)

You're wrong. He's just gone thru a very messy divorce and is living with his parents in Cornwall. :wink:

Kriminal wrote:

You're wrong. He's just gone thru a very messy divorce and is living with his parents in Cornwall. :wink:
Nah, I don't buy into this 'RDJ having parents' myth. Media lies. :)

Kriminal wrote:

You're wrong. He just became a morman and now lives happily with 7 wives in Utah.

:lol: You naughty boys!

No, you are wrong. I am well aware he is mrried and have children. Since you wanted to be so smart but turned out extremelly smart i'll try to draw it for you:

In this thread named (surprise) Aphex Twin - Syro - we talk about
- artist behind name (again surprise) Aphex Twin.
- No, not Aphex Twins like guys you referred to said (look another suprise),
- no not about people in band Aphex Twin (here goes another one)
- and no i did not mean to point out anyones wife - whatever.

You know when people talk about artist, or even a band they usually don't think about their wifes, close familly or whatever..Especially when that same familly is not taking any part in creating artist or band music..

Got it?

does the CD come with liner notes which maybe hint on creation dates for the songs? in the interview linked earlier in this thread he mentioned the songs are basically old songs that he just fixed up for this (and more) album(s), so no wonder he sounds "just like in the good old days" in an 2014 release.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”