Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:The chord possibilities with this is extraordinary. Surprised my fingers fit :lol:

Really comfy (other than the extra string :hihi: ) sounds good. It's a bit dark which I've heard is an issue with many 7s. Looks stunning. Set up pretty nicely out of the case :shrug:

Got the last one. Ok, back to playing :D
Most 7's are set up dark I think. I've been listening to a bunch of recordings by bands like Electric Wizard and such. Very bass heavy.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:Uncle E........thinkin' bout the plek'xer.......The E man........The E o rama.......Uncle E......

Sorry, just saw that state farm commercial :hihi:
If I hadn't just seen that myself, I would have said you were about 15 years late on that one. ;)

tapper mike wrote:That's always the killer for me. Don't get me wrong I love my Tele Modern Player I play it every day trying to adjust my play / familiarity so it feels like "the one" the neck is a standard C with jumbos. The fit and finish are great... It's me. I've been used to playing slim C's with medium frets for years and years and...years. I've thought about replacing the neck but I'd rather just burn my muscle memory into the neck shape I have now.
Why not just get a Warmoth? I saw a neck with their Wizard profile for around $150 the other day. You could probably sell your Fender neck for around that same price and mount all its hardware on the Warmoth.

hibidy wrote:The chord possibilities with this is extraordinary. Surprised my fingers fit :lol:

Really comfy (other than the extra string :hihi: ) sounds good. It's a bit dark which I've heard is an issue with many 7s. Looks stunning. Set up pretty nicely out of the case :shrug:

Excellent! I'm not used to hibidy being this happy about NGD. :)

Uncle E wrote:

Excellent! I'm not used to hibidy being this happy about NGD. :)
I find that strange because my strat, my carvin and the blue ibby have been such staples that satisfy every session. Then there is the fretless GW (the indo one.....I can't justify the japan one....it's like 3000 bucks.) Did I not NGD them? I like to buy shit. I don't always end up keeping it

Ok......now........you spoke too soon though.....that was a preliminary :hihi:

The headstock is quite a bit lighter than the body. That alone could easily put it in buh-bye mode. I have to do some research to see if that is normal. If not, it's going back no matter what.

The neck is flawless. It's perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. Same with the craftsmanship, well done....except for the veneer colors :shrug:

The pups are a big question mark (that's why I said "ok" when rating the sound originally) They are REALLY low output. I knew that going in, but I'm pretty shocked at HOW low they are.

Having a B string is interestingly wonderful, and confusing/frustrating. The good like I said is SO MANY possibilities! Shit you'd NEVER think about with a 6 detuned. Some of the drones are near tears. So nice. But it's like many people say about a 25.5 scale.....it's a bit flabby. This is hard to work around. If you detune it slightly to compensate, it's pretty out of tune when you play high (so certain drones are a bit out) and if you tune it tight, you have to play REALLY lightly to get it not to flab out. But I pretty much knew that this was an adventure......I'm not sending it back FOR THAT! ;)

The headstock/body veneer not matching has me bummed. I guess I was too "ooooo/ahhhhh" at first to notice. Still, I haven't put it down much :) Again, with a 7, it's not just another string.....it's a completely different approach.....refreshing.

Is the body solid black limba or is that top a veneer?

It's all veneer. It's an ibby! :lol:

https://app.box.com/s/xsfinjs1p8ncyreo1x89

Drunk, but starting to feel it.

Jaguar Pawnshop VI string bass

found an old spanish guitar with knackered machine heads
next to the bins, saw some new ones for 5eu in a cash exchange
place, and now it's really nice and refreshing to pick up and play.
'go to'...sh*t to play but very salutory. going to give it to a friend
so i have something to do with my hands when i go round there
and have to sit around while they disappear with 'ah just got to
make a phone call/send an email'..

mztk wrote:going to give it to a friend
so i have something to do with my hands when i go round there
and have to sit around while they disappear with 'ah just got to
make a phone call/send an email'..
Hilarious! What a world we've turned into...

A Bass VI type thing - like this one from Airline/Eastwood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jZV3pkMlI

Uncle E wrote:
tapper mike wrote:That's always the killer for me. Don't get me wrong I love my Tele Modern Player I play it every day trying to adjust my play / familiarity so it feels like "the one" the neck is a standard C with jumbos. The fit and finish are great... It's me. I've been used to playing slim C's with medium frets for years and years and...years. I've thought about replacing the neck but I'd rather just burn my muscle memory into the neck shape I have now.
Why not just get a Warmoth? I saw a neck with their Wizard profile for around $150 the other day. You could probably sell your Fender neck for around that same price and mount all its hardware on the Warmoth.
Honestly, I don't want to. If it were simply a matter of swapping necks two of my Godin's and my strat already fit and are slim C's

If I swapped necks for any of my guitars it would be my other Tele (Blacktop Vintage Modified)
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

hibidy wrote:https://app.box.com/s/xsfinjs1p8ncyreo1x89

Drunk, but starting to feel it.
Nice tone and playing :tu:

:oops:

I feel funny switching to one of my 6's now :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”