I do not know where I should go

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys! My name is Daniel :).

I'm new here, man of Milo and Otis suggested to me to come here.

I love music production, and I'm doing it for a short time. But I no progress has reached as I do not know where I should go. I looked at a large number of lessons on the synthesis, to create remixes and other garbage, but I still do not know what leads are, pads or what slice of drums, or how to synthesize these same drums. I really want to learn all this, I burn it. Could you suggest something like a full course of producing, following which I would at least know in theory it all and have learned more in practice
Sorry for my English!

YouTube

Just google "How to make (insert genre)"
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You'll need to do some work yourself, even if you get a long post by a member here, it'll be nearly worthless. Like, I could tell you what a "pad" preset is, but they're ambient and wimpy, and I don't know what your skill level is.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Well, producing music is a complex subject and you need to learn it all gradually. If you don't know something, just google for it or ask on this board. Then try it yourself and see where it gets you.

There will be some services that offer "full music production course", but it's only the tip of the iceberg. Electronic music is unbelievably complex if you want to get into details.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I've been involved in music since the mid 60's, in one facet or another. Playing, producing, composing, arranging, etc.

There is not a single day goes by that I do not learn something new or relearn something I already knew and forgot.

There is only one answer to your quest.....read about it then practise it.

No other way. Making the music IS the magic potion.

And if you are passionate and sincere of your quest to know music, prepare for a liftime of reading about it and putting it into practise.

For me it has been total fun. I hope it will be for you too. :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi Daniel ... do you play an instrument? If not, that's the place to start (imho). Guitar, keyboard, penny whistle, whatever ...

:)

Google really helps with the basics. You can always search for basic keywords, e.g. "music what is a pad?", then look at the results to see if anything clicks. This example yields several usable, easy to understand answers on the first page. Do this for each term or technique, and you will quickly pick up knowledge (many of the sites will also have links to related info). There is also Youtube, e.g. the channel of Seamless, where you can watch "song from scratch" videos.

I'm not sure courses are the best way of learning, but everyone is different. I learn by formulating a question or setting a specific task, and then I try to get answers or knowledge to do what I want to do. It is probably not a very structured approach, but it works for me. :)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”