Windows VST on Linux, FINALY!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll provide working binaries soon, just I need some freetime ;-)

Could someone help me setting this up. I am very new to Ubuntu.

I downloaded both the most recent SDK from steinberg and the githup zip file from this link as thje one in this thread seems dead. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/posting.p ... 9&t=414077

How do I proceed? You start asuming I alredy know how to install the zip, but all I did was to extrac it to the following directory, which is where I would like it to be : /home/MyUsername/Bitwig Studio/Conexiones Midi y Otros/vst-bridge-master.

Is that to what you refer by saying "installed"??

Also from there on, I dont know how to proceed. I am on Ubuntu most recent release ( 2 days ago).

This are my directories :

Extracted githup : /home/MyUsername/Bitwig Studio/Conexiones Midi y Otros/vst-bridge-master.
VST's : /media/UbuntuUsername/361A2A881A2A44E9/Users/WindowsUsername/Producer/VST Plugins
And I got the sdk already downloaded.

Thanks and sorry for my lack of skill on this Ubuntu field. Thanks!

BTW so does it means that Synthmaster on linux is not possible atm? Would be a huge punch on me as I bought it just last week.
Last edited by carlosjcuevasm on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, the last time I tried it on ubuntu, it did not work.
So far it is successful on Archlinux.
For Synthmaster, it works, but not entirely. The audio engine works fine, but the GUI has some rendering issues, which should get fixed by wine as they're working on implementing directwrite. To conclude you'll be able to use all your presets with Synthmaster but you won't be able to do much sound design with current wine version. I also encourage you to send an email to the support and request for a Linux port of Synthmaster.

I also invite you to have a look at air wave which is another vst bridge.
And I invite you again to try Podolski on Linux: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=419984
More u-he plugins are coming to Linux.

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for the reply and the info, really! I will be messing with airwave soon.

Sure, I will email them for linux support, as for imageline.

I decide to test my luck with your knowledge and wiling to help people. I have a question
I am running a vst host named Minihost Modular, from image line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfO9yYNlJY.

So far I can run it and load synthmaster. The only issue is why is does not recognize my midi keyboard inputs. I am thiking that, if I can pull this, with Bitwig 1.1 midi out thing, Jack for linux...dont know how atm but I would be able to send midi notes to there using native linux Bitwig and then get audio wich will be sent inside the Bitwig. That would be possible right? and do you know why I can send those midi messages?

Kind offtopic :S

I don't use jack myself. Bitwig should be able to see your keyboard. Which version of bitwig do you have? Which keyboard?

Oh thanks its ok. btw is the Minihost modular that does not recognize my keyboard.

carlosjcuevasm wrote:Oh thanks its ok. btw is the Minihost modular that does not recognize my keyboard.
then maybe check in minihost modular forum. ;)

carlosjcuevasm wrote: BTW so does it means that Synthmaster on linux is not possible atm? Would be a huge punch on me as I bought it just last week.
Try a 32 bit linux, 32 bit wine, and 32 bit reaper. Synthmaster player
works for me in that scenario.
Cheers

Cool!

Thanks for your efforts!

This hack is about a year old.

Has anyone tried this recently?
Any new info on this?

sfd, you could also try another vst bride (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&start=75), thought I haven't tried the Synthmaster with it.

Just to note that I purchased Synthmaster Player recently, because the Airwave-enabled demo sounded so good. It's been working beautifully with Bitwig on Fedora 21 x86_64.

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:Just to note that I purchased Synthmaster Player recently, because the Airwave-enabled demo sounded so good. It's been working beautifully with Bitwig on Fedora 21 x86_64.

Best,

dp
That sounds great ! :tu:

What about licensing on Linux?
Some VST requires eLicenser (Arturia Steinberg ...) and I guess that won't work on Linux.

What about the Korg Legacy bundle, AAS and et cetera?

And/or maybe we could put up a list of what works and what doesnt' work?

Return to “Bitwig”