Z3TA+ iOS 8 update in the works (v1.3.1 Now Available in iTunes Store, iOS 8 compatible!)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I just wanted to let our Z3TA+ iOS users know that we have addressed the issues with iOS 8, and updated to Audiobus 2. It will be available soon on the iTunes Store, hopefully within a few days.
In the mean time, Z3TA+ iOS is not currently working in iOS 8.
I will post when we have Z3TA+ updated in the iTunes Store.
Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience!
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joshua Langberg
Product Manager, DSP Team
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Z3TA+ iOS 1.3.1 is now available!
Fully compatible with iOS 8 and is updated to Audiobus 2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/z3ta+/id810393174?mt=8

Thanks for your patience!
Enjoy!!
-Joshua Langberg
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Cool! Ios 8 seems to have broken quite a few apps in there. Not that much devs fault.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Thanks for being on top of this Cakewalk! :). Seems that quite a few developers were 'asleep at the wheel' wrt ensuring their apps were up to date...
Dave

Hi Josh! This is good news. I'm planning on purchasing an iPad this fall and Z3TA+ is on my short-list of synths to purchase.

I have a request to make: It would be wonderful if there was an easier way to morph a group of oscillator shapers together: something like a dedicated macro knob per oscillator. I'm aware of the XY and the matrix but you quickly run out of slots if you want to modulate the shapers on a few oscillators over time.

This would add a lot of power (and movement) to each oscillator and make it a lot easier to map that one knob to a midi controller or a modulation source in the matrix.

I also noticed that shapers don't work on white noise. It'd be nice if at least the filters worked to create the different noise colors (pink, white, brown, etc) betfore being sent to the filters.

Thanks for listening! :)

Hello,
Thanks for your input, we appreciate hearing about features that would make Z3TA+ easier to use!
For your requests, there are a few workarounds.
If you are in MIDI learn mode, you can assign any, or all of the waveshapers to the same CC#. You can use internal iOS apps to control this, or use an external controller. It can also be automated as well.
For using waveshapers on the white noise, the workaround is to import your own white noise sample to the user waves. Then use the waveshapers on the imported user wave. The one thing to do is to edit your noise .wav file as the .wav file can not be bigger than 65536 samples.
Thanks again for your suggestions!
Have a good one,
-Joshua Langberg
Cakewalk Inc, Boston

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”