CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

Thanks for your generosity in giving us tools to make music for free, it will serve us well.

Thanks Chris, I'll be checking these out. Still use your modules in SE 1.0, and will be for a long time. I remember emailing you every day for new updates, those were crazy, thanks.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

OK, did exactly as you suggested, and it now works. Thanks!

Diego_C wrote:C.Kerry this is very generous of you! Thank you very much for sharing all of them :)
I had no problem with authorizations but strangely I can get no sounds of them :( (I mean the synths .i.e.)
I've lanched both with Cantabile, Vst host and Standalone Vsti host, both the asio driver of digidesign and the asio4all driver and the dx one, but no sound at all :(
Any guess about what's the problem over here?
:( thanks..
hmmmm, strange. Are you certain the Keycodes were accepted correctly? It must show "Authorised to Free Version from @CK_Modules"
If there are any strange characters then there was a problem with the keycode.

Check that your Anti-Virus hasn't blocked any of the modules, and I think in Win7/Win8 you need to set it to allow writes to the Program Files folder because SynthEdit copies modules into the VST folder.

I will try them in Cantabile and other hosts again, and report back.....

....OK I have now tested Flexoid and WideBoy in several Hosts with an external Midi keyboard and everything is OK here:

Tested on Win7 32bit Laptop
---------------------------------------
Nuendo: OK (Record enable to monitor)
Mulab: OK
EnergyXT2: OK
Reaper: OK (set Record Monitoring On)
Cantabile Lite: OK
VST Host: OK
MiniHost: OK
Ableton Live9: OK
Mixcraft 6: OK
FL_Studio: OK

So, I think the problem must an incorrect Keycode; without the correct Keycode the Synths will not play any sound.

C.Kerry wrote:
Diego_C wrote:C.Kerry this is very generous of you! Thank you very much for sharing all of them :)
I had no problem with authorizations but strangely I can get no sounds of them :( (I mean the synths .i.e.)
I've lanched both with Cantabile, Vst host and Standalone Vsti host, both the asio driver of digidesign and the asio4all driver and the dx one, but no sound at all :(
Any guess about what's the problem over here?
:( thanks..
hmmmm, strange. Are you certain the Keycodes were accepted correctly? It must show "Authorised to Free Version from @CK_Modules"
If there are any strange characters then there was a problem with the keycode.

Check that your Anti-Virus hasn't blocked any of the modules, and I think in Win7/Win8 you need to set it to allow writes to the Program Files folder because SynthEdit copies modules into the VST folder.

I will try them in Cantabile and other hosts again, and report back.....
Hi Chriss!
I found out right 10 minutes ago that I have some strange troubles with Admin settings.
When I lauch a program as Admin and enter the code then in the plugin, in that way, it registers the code and the synth works fine, I have sounds coming out, but then when I quit the host and relaunch it normally I have no sounds again like I was not putting any code, so I have to quit and to relaunch it as Admin again and it plays fine again.
So not your fault at all. Some wrong settings in my pc, I have to check where is the problem.
Sorry if I took your time. :) By the way for the first 5 minutes I went through the presets and options in your synths and they are really nice.
Thanks again for your support and your generosity.
D.

Diego_C wrote: Hi Chriss!
I found out right 10 minutes ago that I have some strange troubles with Admin settings.
When I lauch a program as Admin and enter the code then in the plugin, in that way, it registers the code and the synth works fine, I have sounds coming out, but then when I quit the host and relaunch it normally I have no sounds again like I was not putting any code, so I have to quit and to relaunch it as Admin again and it plays fine again.
So not your fault at all. Some wrong settings in my pc, I have to check where is the problem.
Sorry if I took your time. :) By the way for the first 5 minutes I went through the presets and options in your synths and they are really nice.
Thanks again for your support and your generosity.
D.
Oh, right, I think you must be using Win8 with a 64bit host? - Microsoft changed the access rights to the Windows Registry so the old recommended storage area HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is now blocked unless you run as Adminstrator. You can set your host program to always 'Run as Adminstrator' - right click on the desktop shortcut, select Properties->Advanced and tick 'run as administrator'

thanks a lot man!

Thanks for making these freeware, I am sure they will be greatly appreciated by many new users and it seems, rediscovered by quite a few who actually purchased them.

Let those that shun SE go without. They won't know what they are missing.

Thanks again.

Thank you. I bought X-Jutpitae back in a day. Quite underrated synth, maybe because of somewhat cryptic GUI. I like it a lot still.

Can anybody tell me what I have to made with the key codes to authorize the plugs?
I found no hint what to do with it.
But maybe I am blind. :-)

On the synths click on the 'Settings Config' button, then copy the unique key for that synth and paste it to where it says something like; 'Enter Key Here'.

On the arp, seq and fx, I believe the 'Enter Key Here' is on the actual GUI.

Make sure you copy the correct key and when you are done it will change to;
Authorised to Free Version from @CK_Modules.

If you get; Authorised to (followed by a lot of gobbledegook) you will need to use regedit to delete that entry.

Search for regedit.exe and run it, then use Edit > Find, to find CK_VST.
You then need to expand that folder and delete the appropriate key.
Then try again.

Edit: there is a post at the bottom of this page by ENV1 that has another automated method, though I didn't need to try it out.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

A great thank you, Chris!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Off topic:

Chris, your link to H.E. Audio is now dead at the bottom of this page:
http://www.chriskerry.f9.co.uk/CK_VST.html

You can correct it easily, here is the good new one:
http://www.timesconcept.com/News.aspx?id=3&hl=En
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

:hyper: Thank you for these awesome machines, very generous of you. :tu:
:tu: All is good

Many thanks.

These do look very interesting in deed, too bad that the weekend is already over again and i will have to wait until the end of the week to really check them out. But im sure there is some good fun to be had here. :)

As for the registration, (which some seem to be having problems with), i took the liberty of exporting the regdata from the registry into regfiles so one can register the plugins via doubleclick and thus without copying and pasting long sets of characters into the UI. The archive is attached, info is in the archive. If for some reason you (CK) dont like this i will of course remove the archive again.

Thanks again, looking forward to the weekend so i can check them out in-depth. :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “CK Modules & VST”