Bazille - tips & tricks

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Slew limiting FTW. That's also the way to smooth out aftertouch response (which can be quite erratic on a lot of MIDI controllers these days).

EvilDragon wrote:Slew limiting FTW. That's also the way to smooth out aftertouch response (which can be quite erratic on a lot of MIDI controllers these days).
There's a whole slew of potential applications.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Wondered if you could get Bazille to re-trigger randomly - maybe to simulate random dripping in a cave or something.

1) Set your preferred envelope to re-trigger to LFO1
2) Set LFO1 Rate Mod Source to LFO1 RND
3) Adjust Amount and Rate to taste
4) Adjust envelope to taste

Remember you can use LFO1 or 2 to trigger any of the envelopes so you can apply different envelopes for different purposes.

Enjoy and see if you can create a dripping cave.

You can use two sections of the sequencer to do Wave Sequencing - selecting each of the four oscillators in turn. See image below for how
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cool :-)

I suddenly remembered that there was an interesting patch simulating reverb within a Bazille (alpha) patch contest.
Would be cool if someone can explain what's going on in there...

Sendy wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Slew limiting FTW. That's also the way to smooth out aftertouch response (which can be quite erratic on a lot of MIDI controllers these days).
There's a whole slew of potential applications.

Oh I see what you did there! :lol: :tu:

hi ,do you have any tips for dark cinematic sound into bazille ? dark atmosphere , i try with ring mod but not much sucess

Hey,

Don't know if this has ever been covered, I searched with no sucess :

I'm desperately trying to tune either an audiorate LFO or a ramp, so i was thinking about a keytracked 12 step map with each step being a frequency ratio of equal temperament within one octave and then somehow use this as a mod for, say, LFO1 rate but of course, said rate has to be a multiplier not an added offset... Tried a lot of settings, each time a failure :dog:
Well anyway I can't figure it out and I'm calling for help :pray:

And I won't take "why would you want to do this anyway" for an answer, for I can't even remember why, but I've just spent too much time trying to achieve this to just give it up now :)

As the LFOs aren't "audio rate", you should use a regular oscillator.

Howard wrote:As the LFOs aren't "audio rate", you should use a regular oscillator.
Ah ! Howard Scarr telling me not to do it ! The disappointment is total :cry:

As far as Bazille is concerned, LFOs oscillate fast enough to qualify as "audio rate" don't they ?

Howard, of all people, I know you can help achieve this :
  • I have an LFO whose sync parameter is set to 0,1s. The rate is set at 4.70.
  • This gives roughly a C4 (261hz)
  • I've created a 12 step map with Equal Temperament frequency ratios expressed between 1 (unisson) and 89 (Maj 7th)
  • ACCESSORY QUESTION : Is there a way to be more precise in the values definition in the mapping generator, ie going after the decimal point ?[
  • I tried different methods to modulate the LFO rate according to these ratios, each time a failure
Why do I want that, is it because the LFO is a triangle wave and it could be an alternative to the tapmap method ? Is it for the sake of it ? Is it for the Lulz, I don't know anymore.
But I'm convinced there is a clever way to achieve this, so please, Help me out ! :)

RedChameau wrote:
Howard wrote:As the LFOs aren't "audio rate", you should use a regular oscillator.
Ah ! Howard Scarr telling me not to do it ! The disappointment is total :cry:

As far as Bazille is concerned, LFOs oscillate fast enough to qualify as "audio rate" don't they ?

Howard, of all people, I know you can help achieve this :
  • I have an LFO whose sync parameter is set to 0,1s. The rate is set at 4.70.
  • This gives roughly a C4 (261hz)
  • I've created a 12 step map with Equal Temperament frequency ratios expressed between 1 (unisson) and 89 (Maj 7th)
  • ACCESSORY QUESTION : Is there a way to be more precise in the values definition in the mapping generator, ie going after the decimal point ?[
  • I tried different methods to modulate the LFO rate according to these ratios, each time a failure
Why do I want that, is it because the LFO is a triangle wave and it could be an alternative to the tapmap method ? Is it for the sake of it ? Is it for the Lulz, I don't know anymore.
But I'm convinced there is a clever way to achieve this, so please, Help me out ! :)
The clever way to achieve it is to use an Oscillator

Oh that's it, I give up...

However, one of my question remains, could be helpful for other purposes : Is there a way to set more precise values in the mapping generator (hundredths - after the dot) ?

RedChameau wrote:Oh that's it, I give up...

However, one of my question remains, could be helpful for other purposes : Is there a way to set more precise values in the mapping generator (hundredths - after the dot) ?
No... the modmappers are not very precise. IIRC increments of 1 is it

pdxindy wrote:
RedChameau wrote:Oh that's it, I give up...

No... the modmappers are not very precise. IIRC increments of 1 is it
Ok thanx I wondered if something was wrong with my shift+mouse which usually serves as a fine tuning for most controls in uhe products :)

Return to “u-he”