deleted

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sunday morning *BUMP*
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Some of those patches are really nice

Acid Mitch wrote:Some of those patches are really nice
Thanks for the kind comment. :)

The bank is maybe not huge in terms of amount of patches but there should be several quite useful patches.
Doing patches that are actually could be useful in a track is a focus for most of the patches i had done so far.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

* Bump *
Ingo Weidner

Another *Bump*
Ingo Weidner

Hi,

did anyone (besides our testers) use the dedicated files for the VST3 and AAX plugins og PPG Wave 2.V yet? Would be nice to hear if they work properly.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

deleted
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: my friend Steve Porter from Synth Magic did a track using the PPG Wave 3.V
Nice chillin' demo song although the patches don't sound PPG'ish IMHO. :phones:

Chris-S wrote:
Ingonator wrote: my friend Steve Porter from Synth Magic did a track using the PPG Wave 3.V
Nice chillin' demo song although the patches don't sound PPG'ish IMHO. :phones:
The soundset includes both more analog and typical digital stuff which is why ic called it "analog vs Digital II" (Par tI was my Blofeld soundset with the same name).
In the demo i just posted today in the quote above i used two pads and a Bass from those free patches.
I plan to do more of such demos, maybe next time only with patches form that free soundset (I currently also try to re-render the same track using only those patches, maybe a new Lead sound done with PPG 3.V and no external Compressors for a more "pure" sound).

As it's free you could check those yourself i you got either PPG Wave 2.V (from Waldorf Edition) or PPG Wave 3.V.
Ingo Weidner

deleted
Ingo Weidner

Thanks, Ingo!

I'm looking forward to trying these, especially the pads and basses.

I have the PPG 2.V and 3.V. From what I read in your comments, it seems I might as well just get the 3.V set. Is that correct, or are there different patches in each? The patch list screenshot is for the "2.V" patches, though I'm guessing they were loaded in the 3.V, since the 2.V doesn't have names for the patches.

Steve

EDIT: I see now that both sets seem to be in the one file, even though I selected the link for the 3.V set.

However, since Waldorf puts the .FXB and .FXP files in different places for each synth, and since I don't have the "C:\ProgramData\Waldorf" folder, should I just create it for the 2.V set?

Thanks again!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:Thanks, Ingo!

I'm looking forward to trying these, especially the pads and basses.

I have the PPG 2.V and 3.V. From what I read in your comments, it seems I might as well just get the 3.V set. Is that correct, or are there different patches in each? The patch list screenshot is for the "2.V" patches, though I'm guessing they were loaded in the 3.V, since the 2.V doesn't have names for the patches.

Steve

EDIT: I see now that both sets seem to be in the one file, even though I selected the link for the 3.V set.

However, since Waldorf puts the .FXB and .FXP files in different places for each synth, and since I don't have the "C:\ProgramData\Waldorf" folder, should I just create it for the 2.V set?

Thanks again!

Steve
Hi,

indeed all files are included in one ZIP file. In th eOP i made a list of which folder/files belong to what.
For PPG Wave 2.V there are also files for the VST3 and AAAX plugin as PPG 2.V does not have a buikt-in browser. The VSt3 and AAX plugins could also load the fxb file by drag & drop from the Windows Explorer which is how i imported and re-saved it.
The bank for PPG Wave 3.V includes 1 additional patch that uses built-in FXs (PPG 2.V does not include FXs).
If you want to use the bank in both PPG Wave 3.V and PPG Wave 2.V you have to use both bank files.
Actually the place where you put the bank for PPG 2.V does not really matter, in fact you could put it at any place you like. With PPG 3.V there is a browser so there it is more important to keep the files at the correct place.
Ingo Weidner

*Bump*
Ingo Weidner

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Soundware”