MPowerSynth beta released, available for an introductory price and you can even get it for FREE!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Again just wanted to chime in with useless opinion. There are many synths I like, but this is the first synth in a while that I really feel truly inspired by. The scope for sound design is huge, and so far from my tests it sounds really good. I can't wait to get more time in with it.

Like this is actually making me feel happy the more I look into it. I can't say everything I want because it would just be a huge gush. This synth is incredible. I've never been more impressed.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Hey guuuuuuuuuuys how bout collecting nice user demos in one dedicated thread? I opened one here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=421014

Awesome folks! Ok, I'll put all these things somewhere... it's sometimes just awesome!!

Edit: I don't need to, CableChannel already did! :o Awesome!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=421014

Btw. Tutorial is on the way! Took me a little longer than expected... well, I'm multitasking like 10 cores in my old brain... :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

add some demos ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:add some demos ;)
I wish I had time! :borg:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

One thing i've noticed is, once you start in Default and switch to SAW or whatever everything
sounds very weak comparable to other synths in Default...until... you turn up the Drive and
Saturation in the Filter. For the life of me i can not figure out how to switch Velocity Control
on Volume and Filter Off or at least lower it...and would love some Classic Style Modulators,
with Source and Destination.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:One thing i've noticed is, once you start in Default and switch to SAW or whatever everything
sounds very weak comparable to other synths in Default...until... you turn up the Drive and
Saturation in the Filter.
That's probably because the auto-gain lets the volume be pretty low. Just increase gain in your host. But I believe it's much better to ensure the plugin output doesn't exceed 0dB even if you don't activate the safety limiter.
BasariStudios wrote:For the life of me i can not figure out how to switch Velocity Control
on Volume and Filter Off or at least lower it...and would love some Classic Style Modulators,
with Source and Destination.
You cannot have per-voice velocity control, but you CAN use velocity to control any parameter. The tutorial is coming!
Vojtech

Actually i love doing it with the Filter Drive and Saturation, in Combo.

Thanks

As for Presets, i know i can make some Humongous Presets
but my Demo will finish in 13 days, impossible to finish.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Hey the harmonizer effect (i.e. pitch shift) is missing, or am I blind?

Trial end: the trial will be longer ;).

Harmonizer: It's not there as it has latency. I can add it, but...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Trial end: the trial will be longer ;).
Cool. How will that work, do we have to download a new trial once this has run out?
Harmonizer: It's not there as it has latency. I can add it, but...
Ah ok. Hm maybe possible to add a low quality version without latency? But it's not so important.

Oh one thing about the unison. The first bad experience I had was due to a chorus effect which badly interacted with the unison. I removed the chorus and then it sounded good. The virus still has some more possibilities but the sound is similar. Though there are some patches on my virus which really sound like there is one oscillator in the left speaker and one in the right. Really wide sound but at the same time very direct and dry. I try to make a comparison. It's most noticeable on headphones. I guess that might be the oscillator panning and not the unison.

Aaaah, very well. Now the extreme width may actually be out-of-phase (try no unison, and Utility in FX where you invert one channel, of course, this sucks :) ).

Now here's the video tutorial folks! It's fast like on steroids though :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGGVmc ... e=youtu.be
Vojtech

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Genetic_Junk wrote:Here's an epic brass sound synthesized with MPowerSynth:

https://archive.org/download/EpicBrass2 ... ss%202.mp3
Great sound!
Thanks. :)

Finally got around to trying MPS today. At first I thought: "Hmmm... 3 osc, 2 filters, VCA, FX... wt*?" right? And then very first quick preset I made with it just blew me away. I have admit that Vojtech does deserve some bragging rights for it: this is something different. Simple yet not; and it can sound as good or as bad as your like.

At first, the Melda FX GUI esthetics applied to a synth kind of threw me off; but as usual, the more you examine what you can do with all the options the more impressive it becomes. There's a lot of sonic vocabulary to exploit. And I'm sure operational refinements will likely be made along the way; I'd like to be able to eventually drag envelope points directly, for one.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention about the entire line of plugins including this synth is that popup windows sometimes are hard to discern from the background windows; I don't know if this is already happening on the Mac, but a drop shadow or a contrasting outer stroke would really help to highlight them; or maybe just a contrasting color.

Very nice work, Melda :tu:

Return to “Instruments”