XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bob bobwood wrote:Has anyone read the ReadMe.txt and followed the instructions and then managed to get the GUI to load in programs other than Orion (and FLStudio with the patch).
Hi Bob,

As far as I understand, the procedure described in the ReadMe.txt is something different and even cannot be tried as long as the original GUI doesn't load, since you cannot click on the 'XSRDO Patchwork Modular System title at the top of the plugin', because this one just cannot be seen...
What you see in most hosts when original GUI doesn't load is a title generated by the host itself.
I think that if the original GUI can be loaded, then you may be able to 'skin' the original GUI and do some other fancy stuff...

Hi Kirsty, I hear ya. Thanks for the clarification.
ZonderP, yep, I'll sit tight until the next version.

No sweat, I'm sure there are good things to come.

kirsty roland wrote:...
The next release should address these issues or you can always download Orion
if you want to play with this version :wink:
Hi Kirsty,
I just downloaded Orion 8.504 Demo and tried 0.58u with it.
For me even with Orion this version of PM doesn't display its GUI... :(

ZonderP wrote:
The next release should address these issues or you can always download Orion
if you want to play with this version :wink:
Hi Kirsty,
I just downloaded Orion 8.504 Demo and tried 0.58u with it.
For me even with Orion this version of PM doesn't display its GUI... :(
What can I say!

To get the GUI working...
Option 1
Stand facing westward with one trouser leg rolled up and recite "Om Yon Kipper On" sixteen times.

Option 2
Check your PM :wink:

Kirsty

To get the GUI working...
Option 1
Stand facing westward with one trouser leg rolled up and recite "Om Yon Kipper On" sixteen times.

Option 2
Check your PM :wink:

Kirsty
@Option 1
Will try this only as a last resort... :ud:

@Option 2
Did so.
Re-downloaded 'pwms v058u.zip' from 'http://www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=c49649cd' to which I get redirected from 'http://xsrdo.net16.net/' - 'Free download' - 'Off site mirror'.
Verified zip file and extracted it to my read/write accessible Shared VST folder. Checked properties of 'Patchwork Modular System.dll' in created folder 'pwms_v058u'. Details say the DLL was last modifed 2014-09-17 13:57. All seems to be OK...
In Orion I have exactly one VST path ('Kirsty Roland') which contains just the two directories with the 0.51 and 0.58u versions of PM.
0.51 opens with its GUI, 0.58u doesn't.

Here are some screenshots:

I'm at a loss, maybe someone has a clue what's going on here...

Somehow I got it working...
Don't ask me how - please...

For anybody struggling with v0.58 don't bother with it as I now know what the problem is.
The next v0.60+ release soon, is working OK.

Kirsty

Great news and it saves me trying Option 2.

Hello. I have problems with the lack of GUI.
I've just seen a message explaining version 0.6 ..(I thought the latest post was at the top not the bottom of the list). I'll look forward to the updated download link. I can see good sonic potential in this synth.

Patchwork Modular System (beta 0.62)
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/079d5bac

How to install...

Before using Patchwork Modular you need to set it up. Here's how...

1. Copy 'patchwork Modular System.dll' to your VST host plugins directory.
2. Start your VST host and start patchwork modular system.
3. A message box will pop up saying... Patchwork modular setup requires the support files...
Please copy the XSRDO folder to the directory suggested and then restart your VST host.
(NOTE: Some hosts query the VST folder during start up so you might see this message box more than once).

This info is also included in the README.TXT file

Kirsty

Thank you so much Kirsty for putting back the delay onboard !
:tu:
Thanks again ! :)

Nice to see the effects boosted back up again Kirsty. Once loaded as instructed above, each time I open up FL studio, it remembers it's directory, good on going work. Many thanks :)
:tu:
:tu: All is good

I certainly am glad that it works in REAPER now, but something about the way it decides what directory to use confuses me. Is there some way to manually change it? Even if I enable developer mode, I am not allowed to click on GUI_XSRDOPathInit. Normally I wouldn't mind if it was asking me to put the support files in my designated VST folder, but this is a bit of an odd choice.

EDIT: solved the issue by removing the plugin, clearing my plugin cache/rescanning, loading a sample I put into the pwms folder with ReaSamplOmatic5000 (or other DAW equivalent) and re-adding XSRDO. Now it will ask that you put the support files folder into the proper directory. It's a bit of a wonky workaround, but it gets the job done.

Ehm....
yes Kirsty, after trying it for some I have a little report over here too:

and

This time me too I am having Reaper asking me to put your folder in my Padshop folder..ehm, that is too much weird...
I mean I got you explained the procedure but is kinda odd that each one of us has to move here and ther in other vst folders your xsrdo one, when it may happen that we need to move that other folder your vst will again have gui problems...
If it only would point at its own internal folder that would be the simpliest and best solution but as I am not a coder, and all my respect to who's coding vst, I cannot guess why this that seems so normal in all the other vsts, in yours is a kinda problem.

However in Cantabile and vst host works fine, never had any gui oddity but in Reaper is doing this.

And I don't know why but the Chorus fx is kinda grainy, glitchy, not smooth at all (indeed also in the last version where the chorus was still available I had that problem, but as you are so kindly and hardly working I didn't want to add more and I am almost never using the chorus, as the delay and the reverb are my best friend with XSRDO and they work fine :) ) .

Thanks again for your work.
Greets

The simple setup message box wants you to put the XSRDO folder where your host is running the .DLL from. I have absolutely no control over how your host program defines this!

If you want it done like other developers then I would need to use a 3rd party setup program to write data to your system registry which I don't want to do.
Really, is it so hard for you to spend 10 seconds and just copy a folder?
Another option could be C:/xsrdo for everyone. I use this location while developing it.
For me with Orion the setup message box simply reports C:/vst/orion which is where my Orion.exe is. No problem.

Please remember it's BETA
I am working to fix all the issues before V1.0
The chorus is a known issue due to my bad bicubic interpolation code. I'll get around to it eventually.
(did you notice the chorus feedback knob does nothing :lol: )

Thanks for your feedback. It all helps.
Kirsty :)

Today I made an arpeggiator 8)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”