Roland JV 880 Patches ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody have any JV880 patches to share ? ( of course no commercial soundsets or ones where there is no permission to share).

A quick Googly search reveals nothing but commercial patches........

I planned to do some of my own but being hunched over the rack squinting at the tiny display just isn't fun anymore.................. :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

can't remember: does it have the 'palette' toggle button like
on the 1080? i'm finding it a lot easier to get round than the
880 i used to have. editor editor!!

has no-one made a Remote map for the JVs?

removed
Last edited by layzer on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

excellent, thank! will be trying it out on the 1080.
(trying to make a D-series/JV type VSTi in synthedit atm...)

edit: btw chaps, recommend getting hold of a JV1080, at the current
prices. i now find it really easy to get round quickly. maybe i missed
some navigation features when i had the 880 long ago. s'pose it takes
up less rack space, but the bigger one is kinda nicer. no idea about
an alleged sound difference. i've got the hiphop card in mine, for
the extra drums and a few synth waveforms, it' one of the cheaper
less sought after ones.(was a bit disappointed extra cards don't give
more user patches tho'.) it's a really nice bit of kit, within the limitations
of S+S design. i don't know if it's worth looking at the 2080, and the 2 line
screen is fine once you figure out how to use the parameter/palette
toggle button.(still want to find/make a Remote map for it)

layzer wrote:give this CTRLR for the JV synths a try, its what i use to tweak sounds on my JV880!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/omekmd

Sorry I lost track of this thread. Is there any way to could re-upload the JV880 file Layzer ? Thanks ! :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

here is a new JV-880 editor I made with CTRLR with some graphic enhancements by KVR user - Mini14
check it out :)
download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/d8gegx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

yeah that looks nice :) i checked out my 1080 t'other day, and
found the modulation assignments..YAWN -it *needs* sysex.
can your thing access further waveform bank, eg: cards?
otherwise, the 880=1080, minus FX?(f*** fx...)

edit: no, it looks like it can't: only bank A/B

what i really want to do is map up a novation remote to control it.

layzer wrote:here is a new JV-880 editor I made with CTRLR with some graphic enhancements by KVR user - Mini14
check it out :)
download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/d8gegx
This one looks awesome
Can you please reupload this ?

Teksonik wrote:Anybody have any JV880 patches to share ? ( of course no commercial soundsets or ones where there is no permission to share).

A quick Googly search reveals nothing but commercial patches........

I planned to do some of my own but being hunched over the rack squinting at the tiny display just isn't fun anymore.................. :hihi:
I just bought a JV-80 for about $100.
Could be a way - some more on panel to fiddle with at least - and not an extra fortune either.

I know the post is rather old, but anyway....

Here are some banks and Patches for the JV880, JV80 and the JV90. I still didn't find any good Editor for the JV880. I also wonder if it's possible to load JV1080 Patches into JV880. SOme people say it's possible with a workaround some say it doesn't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

themusicproducerblog wrote:Here are some banks and Patches for the JV880, JV80 and the JV90. I still didn't find any good Editor for the JV880. I also wonder if it's possible to load JV1080 Patches into JV880. SOme people say it's possible with a workaround some say it doesn't.
Major thanks.
:)

I´m very happy with Sounddiver editing my JV-880. The interface is not ideal but everything´s there and adjustable graphics help as well. I´ve only had the 880 for a month now and tried Midiquest, but found Sounddiver much easier and more stable(Sounddiver 3.0.4.5(?)/Windows 7/64/Roland UM one).

Software and manual are readily available. I´m curious how it compares to CTRLR though! Looks great but no adjustable graphs? Or are they called up during editing?

Great site by the way!

Greetings, Pedro.

I thought sounddiver wasn't available anymore. Where did you get a windows version?

There´s torrent for it ("emagic sounddiver"), and I´m sure it can be found here and there through FTP. I got the manual, which by the way is also VERY good and helped me out greatly in the beginning, through some link through googling. But since the Windows version is freeware now I suppose it could be mailed around if the moderators don´t mind?

Big thx for the Sounddiver tip. I searched everywhere yesterday but couldn't find it

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”