Is there a software that I can use for running audio as a sequence?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:You could do it with Ableton Live and the built in sampler (Simpler)
... or in session view. Just drop each sound into a clip on a single track and launch as needed. Each clip could be labelled for visual cues too.

So basically the manual fades are the only thing you have beef with? I'm not sure whenever we need them (so far, we don't) but they have had past performances where manual fade has been useful in some scenarios. For example, we might have a line which begins the fade and a line where it fades out completely.

The director isn't typically making such solutions but if that is done, I don't want to bitch about it making things too complicated. And this is indeed amateur theatre so it has room for fading mistakes.

Functional wrote:So basically the manual fades are the only thing you have beef with? I'm not sure whenever we need them (so far, we don't) but they have had past performances where manual fade has been useful in some scenarios. For example, we might have a line which begins the fade and a line where it fades out completely.

The director isn't typically making such solutions but if that is done, I don't want to bitch about it making things too complicated. And this is indeed amateur theatre so it has room for fading mistakes.
this was to me yes?

the manual fades are not the main issue at all. the trying to trigger a bunch of different things via midi is the main issue. youre adding a bunch of moving parts to something that shouldnt have them, making it much more likely to go wrong than it needs to be.

you only need two buttons and one finger...play...stop. play...stop....play....stop. thats it.

maybe its just me but, being an amateur production doesnt mean its ok to train wreck the sound cues.

i mean there is software specifically made for what youre doing, but its not free, has a learning curve, and is almost certainly seriously over kill.

but hey...its your show, im just trying to help.
check out:

http://www.showcuesystems.com/ (win only)

http://figure53.com/qlab/ (mac only)

http://soundplant.org/ (might be your best bet)
ImageImageImage

Yeah, I'm browsing with phone so I don't use quotes. Moving parts really don't seem to be an issue to me because they never were in my past experiences where I had a CD-player & M7CL where most files had to be faded manually. And that was a lot of hassle altogether. I do see your point though.

Regarding the buttons, I really want only one which works like a on/off toggle. + we do have runthroughs anyway, where we will likely alter our decisions again incase something seems too tricky.

Regarding the software, I still need to try out audiocircuit. But I'm planning also to get Bitwig eventually which might do the trick. I need something like Bitwig for other purposes as well, as it would be great tool among Cubase. I simply can't stand Ableton anymore.

Though if I start doing this more, might need something like that eventually. I've operated & programmed Grandmas and I'm guessing the logic is similar to that of lighting desks?

robojam wrote:You could do it with Ableton Live and the built in sampler (Simpler)
You dont even need the sample you can do it with clips, which can be sequenced in the linear view so its repeatable every time or triggered manually
Amazon: why not use an alternative

well the last time i had to actually run a board was a long while ago. the place i was working had a nice (for the time) colortran 2000 computer light board...but some seriously old ass sound equipment. at that time if i did sound i had to splice together reel to reel tapes and mark my cue points with a grease pencil directly onto the tape.

so no...lol they werent similar at all back then. now they look kind of similar...which would make sense since the people running either one will be the same. might as well make them work alike.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:well the last time i had to actually run a board was a long while ago. the place i was working had a nice (for the time) colortran 2000 computer light board...but some seriously old ass sound equipment. at that time if i did sound i had to splice together reel to reel tapes and mark my cue points with a grease pencil directly onto the tape.

so no...lol they werent similar at all back then. now they look kind of similar...which would make sense since the people running either one will be the same. might as well make them work alike.
Yeah my midi interface programming actually reminded me a lot of what I saw in Grandma, which is why I picked it up pretty fast on basic level.

Btw, wish I had experienced that reel to reel tape splicing & sound design (what it was back then)... I'd be a lot more older but also have experience that I'll probably never gain (because I can't afford a ferox...)

This may help.
see the video
http://www.siraudiotools.com/Qwerty.php

QLab is the way to go but it costs. But yes the task is more simple than you think and there are thousands of theatre shows on every night that are faced with the same demands. For the 'idiot proof operation' scenario QLab is unequalled.

(One button for play and stop is not a good idea btw)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”