New updates, when?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

humanbeingbeing wrote:I write various mobile applications, and back end systems for large companies... and invented a data warehouse that holds most of the homelessness data in the country... launching an app next month that will be used in 19k cities and 100k volunteers.... so, not to brag, but I do know a thing about large scale support... in fact, I'd say I'm an expert on the subject. The government relies on my statistics and we provide reports directly to the white house. of course I'm also a semi-pro musician, but that's taking a back seat to my work at the moment... I refuse to use Ableton because of their business practices and lack of true PDC.
Wow, sounds quite a bit larger-scale than Bitwig actually. :tu:
We are so far able to handle the support side pretty well. Sometimes something slips through but overall I'd say we're doing fine.

And keep in mind: The forum gives a rather exaggerated view on things, since people mostly turn to it if something goes wrong or doesn't work.
For me it's always very relaxing and balancing to talk to people who are happily making music with Bitwig Studio or meeting somebody like Moss who does those amazing controller scripts or abique who is helping u-he to port their plugins to Linux which will make that platform more viable for making music.

I personally enjoy the ride :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:I write various mobile applications, and back end systems for large companies... and invented a data warehouse that holds most of the homelessness data in the country... launching an app next month that will be used in 19k cities and 100k volunteers.... so, not to brag, but I do know a thing about large scale support... in fact, I'd say I'm an expert on the subject. The government relies on my statistics and we provide reports directly to the white house. of course I'm also a semi-pro musician, but that's taking a back seat to my work at the moment... I refuse to use Ableton because of their business practices and lack of true PDC.
Wow, sounds quite a bit larger-scale than Bitwig actually. :tu:
We are so far able to handle the support side pretty well. Sometimes something slips through but overall I'd say we're doing fine.

And keep in mind: The forum gives a rather exaggerated view on things, since people mostly turn to it if something goes wrong or doesn't work.
For me it's always very relaxing and balancing to talk to people who are happily making music with Bitwig Studio or meeting somebody like Moss who does those amazing controller scripts or abique who is helping u-he to port their plugins to Linux which will make that platform more viable for making music.

I personally enjoy the ride :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Thank you. Yeah, you're right about forums, I guess I've just gotten used to sifting the nonsense from the facts.. eg.. the Ableton forum is almost entirely nonsense. Thank you for your work on controller scripts... you do have a slight bias for Bitwig and I'm not ragging on them too much, but seeing as I can't use Ableton or Bitwig, it's been quite a while since I've written music, and I'd like to get started again... I have my 7th album to start. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying this ride ;)

humanbeingbeing wrote:Thank you. Yeah, you're right about forums, I guess I've just gotten used to sifting the nonsense from the facts.. eg.. the Ableton forum is almost entirely nonsense. Thank you for your work on controller scripts... you do have a slight bias for Bitwig and I'm not ragging on them too much, but seeing as I can't use Ableton or Bitwig, it's been quite a while since I've written music, and I'd like to get started again... I have my 7th album to start. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying this ride ;)
Of course I'm biased ;-)
I wouldn't work for Bitwig if I didn't like the product and the people. :hug:
I don't know what keeps you from making music other than your day job, but I hope it can be solved in time.
If support didn't get back to you, you're welcome to send another mail to see what's up.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:Thank you. Yeah, you're right about forums, I guess I've just gotten used to sifting the nonsense from the facts.. eg.. the Ableton forum is almost entirely nonsense. Thank you for your work on controller scripts... you do have a slight bias for Bitwig and I'm not ragging on them too much, but seeing as I can't use Ableton or Bitwig, it's been quite a while since I've written music, and I'd like to get started again... I have my 7th album to start. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying this ride ;)
Of course I'm biased ;-)
I wouldn't work for Bitwig if I didn't like the product and the people. :hug:
I don't know what keeps you from making music other than your day job, but I hope it can be solved in time.
If support didn't get back to you, you're welcome to send another mail to see what's up.

Cheers,

Tom
Crashing demotivates you... several plugins I use don't work.... I've only just got APC40 support (thank you), and I care very deeply about timing and timing being preserved in saved projects (that's why I don't use Ableton anymore), and the timestretch bug to me was a classic example of your eyes not matching your ears and I find that to be totally unacceptable in music software, or music in general. I guess you could say it's a philosophical issue, but when you go to remaster a track that is 10 years old and it's no longer in time or sound even remotely the same, you start to understand why this is such a big problem, and Bitwig knew that and I still hope they are trying to remedy it. There is a culture in the DAW community not to mention it, because the amateurs would never realize it anyway.

The APC 40 Script was done by Moss, so you have to thank him. ;-)

I'm quite the opposite I guess. The sounds and music I make are hugely based on happy incidents, chance, generative scripts, plugins and ensembles and often don't even sound the same the next time I start them ;-)
I usually don't even record the music, just let it run and play along for my own enjoyment.

But like always, different folks, different strokes, one man's bliss is another man's hell ;-)

BTW. The link in your signature leads to a "this user can't be found" page on soundcloud?

Cheers,

Tom

Well I hope it will be usable for you soon enough. Shouldn't be that long i think. BTW your sig link is working for me.

(yeah, now it works again here as well. Seems to have been a hickup).

ThomasHelzle wrote:The APC 40 Script was done by Moss, so you have to thank him. ;-)

I'm quite the opposite I guess. The sounds and music I make are hugely based on happy incidents, chance, generative scripts, plugins and ensembles and often don't even sound the same the next time I start them ;-)
I usually don't even record the music, just let it run and play along for my own enjoyment.

But like always, different folks, different strokes, one man's bliss is another man's hell ;-)

BTW. The link in your signature leads to a "this user can't be found" page on soundcloud?

Cheers,

Tom
Music is definitely ephemeral but unfortunately productions aren't... the world is changing tho. It used to be all about masters and now a teenager can throw out a classic on his way to college.

c-wave wrote: 2. Now that 1.1 is getting closer, I'd like to ask one more time: Any support coming in 1.1 for Omnishpere and Trilian device panel mapping.. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease??! Tom, can you please go beyond a yes or no this time around. Thanks!
Yes if Omnisphere doesn't get proper parameter names for automation, I'm going to have to go back to Ableton or something. Can't automate a bunch of parameters that all show up as just numbers. Omnisphere displays enabled parameter names fine in other hosts. Hopefully they have fixed this for 1.1.

omni and trill are some of the big ones I use, reaktor also, always had issues with razor.

There are a number of plugins suffering from no parameter names. UAD and SoundToys being two notable groups of plugins I can think of that show up with no parameter names.

Hopefully 1.1 will correct the plugin issues, and hopefully we'll see the 1.1 RC soon. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I don't have those plugins so I can't really comment. I heard that Dom installed Omnisphere a while ago though...

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Bitwig”