VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've seen this in new iZotope RX4
"
Ambience Match [RX 4 Advanced]
Match the environment noise of different audio recordings

Quickly match the environment noise of two different audio recordings. First, learn the source audio clip's ambient noise, then process the learned ambient noise on a target audio clip. A single slider provides control over the amount of learned ambient noise to be applied. The learned ambient noise to be added to a target audio clip will not increase the noise floor of the target file. So if there is already a loud, noisy ambient, the module will not make it noisier. The module also knows not to compound the level of the noise floor if adding the same ambient noise profile to an audio clip. You can also easily create long sections of constant ambient noise to insert under ADR recordings.
"
any other plugs/tools that could work doing this?!
thanks.

Run white noise into a convolution verb using your ambience sample as the impulse. Adjust levels to match.
Also GRM Tools Freeze.

A cool feature in Waves X-Noise, X-Click, X-Crackle and X-Hum is that you can select to listen
to the noise/clicks/crackles/hum only.

It's a great creative tool, since you can create clicks, crackle, hum and noise from even non-noisy sources.

I imagine you could take only the noise from one sample, then mix it into the other. The Waves plugins aren't exactly cheap though, but I guess they have been on sale.

toast wrote:Run white noise into a convolution verb using your ambience sample as the impulse. Adjust levels to match.
Also GRM Tools Freeze.
I like this - clever.

Return to “Effects”