CK_Modules (SE) VST/FX now Freeware

Official support for: chriskerry.f9.co.uk
Locked New Topic

C.Kerry wrote: Microsoft changed the access rights to the Windows Registry so the old recommended storage area HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is now blocked unless you run as Adminstrator.
In Windows 7 I can set the access rights for storage areas in regedit. If this still works in W8 this would be an alternate way to solve the problem.

BlackWinny wrote:Off topic:

Chris, your link to H.E. Audio is now dead at the bottom of this page:
http://www.chriskerry.f9.co.uk/CK_VST.html

You can correct it easily, here is the good new one:
http://www.timesconcept.com/News.aspx?id=3&hl=En
Yeah, they changed ISP's so those links are dead, and the problem is my ISP wont allow me to access my pages anymore - i just use them to maintain the old email address now.

Chris-S wrote:
C.Kerry wrote: Microsoft changed the access rights to the Windows Registry so the old recommended storage area HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is now blocked unless you run as Adminstrator.
In Windows 7 I can set the access rights for storage areas in regedit. If this still works in W8 this would be an alternate way to solve the problem.
There are no problems on my Win7 32bit machine.
It seems to be an access rights issue only with Win7/8 64bit running a 64bit Host AFAIK

In my other projects i had to change to the HK_USER.... but i don't want to change/rebuild these versions since everyone will have to enter keycodes again which causes lots of headaches

ENV1 wrote:As for the registration, (which some seem to be having problems with), i took the liberty of exporting the regdata from the registry into regfiles so one can register the plugins via doubleclick and thus without copying and pasting long sets of characters into the UI. The archive is attached, info is in the archive. If for some reason you (CK) dont like this i will of course remove the archive again.
If it makes the process easier, then its all good :)

theses synths are huge, but insanely optimized. if all SE work was this lean, they'd be immensely popular

pinbot wrote:Unable to get Flexoid to make any sound. I have copied the key you gave, and it replied back by saying: Authorised to Free Version £k:Ô§–+w?M·ÿàD
I didn't get any sound at first from either synth because the license key wouldn't take in Maschine 1.8- Then I tried it in FL Studio 11 and got it to work. Something with Maschine caused issues with the license taking.

pc2000 wrote:
pinbot wrote:Unable to get Flexoid to make any sound. I have copied the key you gave, and it replied back by saying: Authorised to Free Version £k:Ô§–+w?M·ÿàD
I didn't get any sound at first from either synth because the license key wouldn't take in Maschine 1.8- Then I tried it in FL Studio 11 and got it to work. Something with Maschine caused issues with the license taking.
You might need to set your host to 'Run As Administrator' to allow the VSTs to access the Windows Registry.

Thank you, Chris. I'm loving the sound of WideBoy. I'm going over the docs to learn to program it now.

C.Kerry wrote:I will try them in Cantabile and other hosts again, and report back.....

....OK I have now tested Flexoid and WideBoy in several Hosts with an external Midi keyboard and everything is OK here:

Tested on Win7 32bit Laptop
---------------------------------------
Nuendo: OK (Record enable to monitor)
Mulab: OK
EnergyXT2: OK
Reaper: OK (set Record Monitoring On)
Cantabile Lite: OK
VST Host: OK
MiniHost: OK
Ableton Live9: OK
Mixcraft 6: OK
FL_Studio: OK

So, I think the problem must an incorrect Keycode; without the correct Keycode the Synths will not play any sound.
No problem here with (32-bit versions of course):
  • Ableton Live Lite 8.42
  • Band-In-A-Box 2014 Build 384
  • Cantabile Lite 2.0.2068
  • Mulab 5.5.2
  • Mulab 6.0.35
  • RapidComposer 2.73
  • Reaper 4.73
  • Samplitude Music Studio 17
  • Sibelius 7.13 First
:tu:
All that on my Win7 64-bit laptop Acer Aspire V3.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

These really are cpu optimized, I've never seen any other se user do as well.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:These really are cpu optimized, I've never seen any other se user do as well.

That's the combination of optimised CK_Modules and optimised SynthEdit Structure.
Anyone can build SE synths just as efficient as these using my CK_Module Packs and taking great care over the SynthEdit signal path. That's where many of my 'support' modules like CK_4to1_x8 etc. really help by removing the 'hidden' SE Adder modules - not many people realise that SE adds a 'hidden' extra module at every point where you link 2+ outputs to one input.

CK_4X_CHOICE_TO_1_PLUS.SEP

I see several such modules in the folder of another synth :)

thank you for release. ck pattern arp and seq support the change of patterns with program change and have lots features. this is a feature i need and not see (except Cream) other easy to use arpegiator or step sequencer. So its possible to do an arranger accompaniment intro, verse, main Buttons, or what Motif have, change arp or step sequencer pattern with the 6 buttons when you do hit a program change button on Master Keyboard. Akai Keyboards have a prog change knob. with that press pads send prog change message 1-8 . Only i need is a VST that delay program change messages and notes to next beat. omnisphere have such a feature(is called trigger mode next bar). see here for what it is usefull. http://vimeo.com/17854608

I test in mulab MUX, Problem current is that there not 2 arp plugins work correct. see my testvideo. but also on cubase 7 32 bit same problem(when add on 2 tracks 2 arp plugins). I use win 7 64. Chris told that on his system work. I send him my mulab session now, but he can not load.

very strange. I have somebody same problem with 2 arp plugins(the notes of the second can not edit) as in this video show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8z8rJ ... e=youtu.be
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

If I am not mistaken you have to put the plugins into Mulab rack slots, above synths, drum modules, or whatever.

magicmusic wrote: I test in mulab MUX, Problem current is that there not 2 arp plugins work correct. see my testvideo. but also on cubase 7 32 bit same problem(when add on 2 tracks 2 arp plugins). I use win 7 64. Chris told that on his system work. I send him my mulab session now, but he can not load.
Hi, i'm surprised to see this posted here since we have been discussing this directly via email for the last few days, but hey-ho :wink:

I downloaded MuLab6 and you are correct that only the first instance allows editing. However, older versions of MuLab work correctly and other VST Hosts also work correctly, so I think the problem is in MuLab6.
Therefore I suggest you should contact the MuLab developers so that they can locate the problem.

I dont have Cubase but it has been tested in Nuendo4 and there are no problems.

I can't solve multi-instance problems if they work OK in previous versions of the same VST Host - they must have changed something that breaks backward compatibility. :(

Return to “CK Modules & VST”